title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Discussion of dMC R12 Alpha

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dryden
    • Jan 2005

Re: Discussion of dMC R12 Alpha

Is there any way to add support for the auToV ogg vorbis encoder? I'd love to use the new dBpowerAMP R12, but I encode everything to auToV.

Thanks

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

Yes install the CLI encoder and call the auToV encoder direct (with the correct command line, do not bother about tagging if you have installed the ogg codec as well).
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Vulcan
        • Aug 2006

Spoon,

I'm still having the same issue with tracks not being ripper/read while c2 is enabled. I've tried previous versions and the same thing is now happening. It used to work fine before I used alpha-7.

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

If you have retried Alpha 7 and it no longer works then that suggests something on your system has changed.
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• dougbrough
            • Nov 2005

Having a small problem using the ripper on both Alpha 7 & 8, in that I always have an error on the last track of every CD eg

"Unable to read CD, check CD disc (frame LBA 214784) [clRipperBurst::Rip]"

All CDs rip fine using 11.5 and other rippers

Doug

Comment

• Vulcan
              • Aug 2006

Originally posted by Spoon
              If you have retried Alpha 7 and it no longer works then that suggests something on your system has changed.
              I haven't made any hardware changes. Installation of alpha-7 is when the problems started. However, even after uninstalling alpha-7 and reinstalling alpha-6, I found the same problem was occurring.

I may try reformatting out of curiosity.

Comment

• 73ChargerFan
                dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Spoon
                9/8/06 in message #92
                >accurate rip says its inaccurate with a confidence of 3 but the tracks are all saying secure.

If all tracks are inaccurate the ripper should say ? Different pressing, it is likely the cd is a different pressing.
                dBpowerAMP CD Ripper (12a8) seems to flip-flop the AccurateRip results.

For a confidence of 1, it shows "Accurate".

For a confidence of 26 & Secure it shows "Inaccurate":

Code:
                Information ripping to FLAC, 'Track 2' to 'E:\Music\Enigma\MCMXC A.D\02 - Principles of Lust; Sadeness-Find Love-Sadeness (Reprise).flac'
                   Track 2:  Ripped LBA 10660 to 63455 (11:43) in 2:56. Filename: E:\Music\Enigma\MCMXC A.D\02 - Principles of Lust; Sadeness-Find Love-Sadeness (Reprise).flac
                     AccurateRip: Inaccurate (confidence 26)   Secure  [Pass 1 & 2, Ultra 1 to 3]
                     CRC32: A871C0F2
                I am missing something? I've just begun using this program last week, and have ripped other cds with similar results.

Also, I see that 12 alpha is 11 months old, and development is continuing. Is there a target date for releasing a beta or final version? I prefer this immensely over EAC for ripping cds with AccurateRip.

Thanks for the great application.

- Anthony

Comment

• LtData
                  dBpoweramp Guru
                  • May 2004

How the secure ripper works: http://www.dbpoweramp.com/secure-ripper.htm

Basically, the rip can be a secure rip, but if AccurateRip says it is inaccurate, it is reported as secure but inaccurate. Secure means the data pulled off of the CD was verified multiple times.

Comment

• 73ChargerFan
                    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                    • Nov 2006

Thank you for the clarification on secure.

I thought the confidence level reported by AccurateRip was a positive measure, meaning that 1 or 2 isn't accurate, but 10+ means that it is very accurate.

Comment

• 73ChargerFan
                      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                      • Nov 2006

I GET IT NOW. Sorry for the posts, I just figured out what I was seeing. "Inaccurate (confidence 26)" means that 26 people got the same answer, but I got a different answer. Ughh... I didn't realize that a high confidence number could be a bad thing.

Off to the newbie forum I go. :p

Comment

• LtData
                        dBpoweramp Guru
                        • May 2004

High confidence numbers are a good thing. It means a lot of people are saying your rip was good or that your rip wasn't like their rip was and was therefore probably incorrect. Actually, confidence above 3-4 normally indicates a good rip. Confidence of 1-2 means somebody else got your same result, accurate or inaccurate.

Comment

• chopinhauer
                          • Oct 2006

Hi,

I only just installed the beta version yesterday and I like it a lot. I have one issue though. I have created a couple of profiles in the cd ripper, but want to change them or delete them. How can this be done?

Comment

• LtData
                            dBpoweramp Guru
                            • May 2004

For changing, I believe you just select them and then to delete you click the list down and select [Delete Profile].

Comment

• Spoon
                              Administrator
                              • Apr 2002

RE AccurateRip: Lets just say there are 2 different pressings of the same CD, but the CD TOC is identical (as AccurateRip lists 2 cds for that TOC). One cd has confidence of 2, the other 30. All your tracks rip accurately except one, now as accuraterip is track based not cd based there is a chance it will say confidence 30 disagree, or it could equally say confidence 2 disagree, ie without a match it will not know the real track.
                              Spoon
                              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Spies
                                • Aug 2006

I would like dMC R12 to write Ape2 & ID3v2 tags to mp3.
                                I see Ape2 & ID3v1, Ape2, ID3v1, ID3v2 & ID3v1, and ID3v2 as options but I do not see Ape2 & ID3v2 or Ape2 & ID3v2 & ID3v1.
                                Another thing is I am running dMC R12 on Ubuntu Linux under wine and it is very slow at ripping.
                                When doing a test rip I am only getting about 6x max in burst mode.
                                When I use EAC on the same machine I get about 12x in burst mode.
                                Any settings I might be able to change to get the rip speed higher? Thanks!

Comment

Working...

]]>