title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Discussion of dMC R12 Alpha

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gaillard
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Aug 2006

Re: Discussion of dMC R12 Alpha

as does mine on the rips itself because i checked with eac (it detects the drive has c2) and it when enabled caught a known c2 error of mine. with only c2 enabled in db it caught it in the same place too, so it gets the errors in ripping but doesn't in the detection routine... thats what we are trying to fix

my 708a does read into lead in lead out, is it possible the other 2 people that accurate has for that cd don't and thats why mine copied with no errors just innacurate by accuraterip?

Comment

• gaillard
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Aug 2006

Originally posted by kwanbis
      I just downloaded A5. Does the CLI works? It just does nothing. I end up with a *.ext file, but the command prompt window doesnt even opens.
      You need to change the file extension to .whatever - all this information is in the cli help file that should be loaded when you loaded the plugin ex. start/programs/dbpoweramp/help/codecs/cli

hope that helps

Comment

• lump1
        • Aug 2006

Hi, I don't know if this is the right thread for posting this observation, but I spent a bit of time today playing with 12alpha5, in the hopes that multithreaded encoding is ready to go.

And I did sort of get it to work with the new CLI plugin and lame.exe. It did manage to get both my cores to 100% useage but I kept getting unknown errors when a job finished. What's worse, the CPUs stayed at 100% even after one long bit of encoding was done. Then everything ran very shakily for a while and (for the first time ever) my Core2 Duo machine crashed and rebooted itself.

That's what I get for playing with alpha software, but I thought I'd mention it somewhere here in the forum.

It's possible I misconfigured the CLI since the syntax seems to have changed a bit. I've now uninstalled v12 so that I can return to using 11.5. I'm happy with the direction dMC is taking, here's hoping for more stability!

Comment

• Spoon
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

@galliard - with a confidence only 2 you cannot be sure what is what, try ripping it in EAC see that that does with the last track.

@lump - why not use dbpoweramps built in lame encoder? that would be better for multi-processor. Also if you computer is Win2000 / XP a normal running program (like dbpoweramp) shouldnt be able to crash and reboot windows, even it it tried to do that! sounds like your cpu was over heating.
          Spoon
          www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• kwanbis
            • Mar 2006

Originally posted by gaillard
            You need to change the file extension to .whatever - all this information is in the cli help file that should be loaded when you loaded the plugin ex. start/programs/dbpoweramp/help/codecs/cli

hope that helps
            the problem is that the external encoder is not even called. the ext file is a 0 byte one.

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

You have clicked the locate button? perhaps your command line is wrong.
              Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• gaillard
                dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                • Aug 2006

Originally posted by kwanbis
                the problem is that the external encoder is not even called. the ext file is a 0 byte one.
                Also, if it's an ext file you didn't change the extension (cli help file)

Comment

• kwanbis
                  • Mar 2006

i don't see where i need to change the extension. I do have the encoder located, and the command line is the basic one:

Comment

• gaillard
                    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                    • Aug 2006

heres the info from the cli file,

Follow these steps to setup the encoder:

1. First off you need a command-line encoder, for this example neroAacEnc.exe will be used (Nero's mp4 encoder), we have saved this encoder to c:\.
                    2. Looking in c:\program files\illustrate\dbpoweramp\encoder\cli encoder\ is a file called encoder.txt, edit this file to change the extension of the encoder, in this example .m4a
                    3. Load dBpowerAMP and select the codec CLI Encoder and click Locate Encoder, find and select c:\neroAacEnc.exe.
                    4. Look at the encoder being used, you need to know if the encoder can work with stdin (where audio is piped in, normally by specifying - on the command line, or if a temporary file is required), Nero can work with stdin where it expects a command line as: -if - -of c:\final.m4a We would set Command Line in dBpowerAMP to -if - -of [outfile] [outfile] is a dbpoweramp dynamic item which is auto-filled with the final filename (a short pathname is used such as c:\file~1.wav to ensure compatibility with non-unicode encoders & that spaces in the filename will not trouble the encoder). If Nero did not use stdin pipes we would have to supply a temporary file, in this instance the command line would be: -if [infile] -of [outfile].
                    5. Decide how to tell the encoder which format the source audio is, normally Pass Wave Header is left checked and the format is passed in a wave header, if the encoder expects no headers uncheck this and supply frequency & channels, etc on the command line with dynamic items.

hope this helps

Comment

• kwanbis
                      • Mar 2006

It looks like it has something to do with the stdin vs temp thing.

It is not clear from this:

"Nero can work with stdin where it expects a command line as: -if - -of c:\final.m4a We would set Command Line in dBpowerAMP to -if - -of [outfile] [outfile] is a dbpoweramp dynamic item which is auto-filled with the final filename (a short pathname is used such as c:\file~1.wav to ensure compatibility with non-unicode encoders & that spaces in the filename will not trouble the encoder). If Nero did not use stdin pipes we would have to supply a temporary file, in this instance the command line would be: -if [infile] -of [outfile]."

how do you tell dbpoweramp, to use a temp file.

Is "-if (input file?) -" the way? or is -if part of nero encoder command?

I tried with lame, witch understand stdin, and it generated a file. So the problem seems to be if the encoder needs a temporal file.

-
                      Last edited by kwanbis; 09-14-2006, 12:12 AM.

Comment

• Spoon
                        Administrator
                        • Apr 2002

If Nero did not use stdin pipes we would have to supply a temporary file, in this instance the command line would be: -if [infile] -of [outfile]

-if is part of nero, [infile] is the tmp filename and stdin would not be used.
                        Spoon
                        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• kwanbis
                          • Mar 2006

Originally posted by Spoon
                          -if is part of nero, [infile] is the tmp filename and stdin would not be used.
                          That is what i thought. Have you tried it with tmp file? Cause it is not working here.

Comment

• kwanbis
                            • Mar 2006

Last, a sugestion, why isn't the CLI ext configurable on the same place where we set, for example, the command line? It should be easier.

Comment

• Spoon
                              Administrator
                              • Apr 2002

The program needs to know the extension before the setup page is shown.

TMP files do work, try with Lame.exe and

-V2 [infile] [outfile]
                              Spoon
                              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• kwanbis
                                • Mar 2006

ok, the problem appears to be that dbpamp hides the dos box.

I called MAREO using [infile] [outfile] [artist] [abum] [title] [track] [year] [genre], and i get:

---------------------------
                                mareo.exe - Application Error
                                The exception unknown software exception (0x0eedfade) occurred in the application at location 0x7c59bc81.
                                OK Cancel

Can the hidding of the command prompt be disabled?

Also, it looks like the Dynamic Command Line Items ([infilie], etc), are case sensitive?

Comment

Working...

]]>