title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Discussion of dMC R12 Alpha

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kdeemer
    • Dec 2006

Re: Discussion of dMC R12 Alpha

I have a large library of FLAC encoded files that I want to convert to MP3. I was hoping to find a way to automatically copnvert the album artwork (which is a separate 'folder.jpg' file in each album folder) as well. Does/will dBMC support such a conversion or is there any other simple way to convert the album artwork?

Many thanks

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

No at the moment, there will be a DSP effect to read a folder.jpg and export a folder.jpg, it will be January (if you remind me).
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Spies
        • Aug 2006

Originally posted by Spoon
        Drives deteriorate with age, and this drive unless I am mistaken does not have c2 error pointer. C2 error pointers (with how R12 was written, work very well), I would say a PX-230a or a 708 with c2 would easily outperform the PX-40TS (in EAC, or R12 without c2 you cannot set 700 retries as ba data would eventually match. With c2 pointers you can and get the benifit from doing that).
        The PX-40TS & PX-32TS are known for speed, accurate stream, C2, no caching of audio & the ability to over-read in both directions. I have heard they even have the ability to read hidden track one audio. I would love to see a shoot out between PX-40TS & PX-32TS and the PX-230a & 708. I think the PX-40TS & PX-32TS will hold their own and may even out perform the PX-230a & 708. Maybe onthejazz or myself would be willing to send you one of ours for just such a shoot out. Of course R12 would need to support the drives with C2 if it was going to be a fair fight!

Comment

• Kdeemer
          • Dec 2006

No at the moment, there will be a DSP effect to read a folder.jpg and export a folder.jpg, it will be January (if you remind me).
          Thanks. I've also used the CD Ripper to encode a disc in flac. Even though the artwork is found, it isn't written to the album folder. Is this also to come later or am I missing something??

BTW I love the beta, so far.

Comment

• LtData
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • May 2004

By default, it writes the album art to the file. You can change the setting to write it to the folder instead.

Comment

• Kdeemer
              • Dec 2006

I'm trying to use Batch Converter to convert several tracks from one format to another. But the directory structure isn't maintained. Instead of From\Artist\Album\Track to To\Artist\Album\Track I get To\Track. All of the tracks are dumped into the root destination directory. I can't find anywhere to specify differently.

Comment

• Spoon
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

Batch Converter >> Convert

Then make sure the To Folder is set to 'Original'

>I would love to see a shoot out between PX-40TS & PX-32TS and the PX-230a & 708.

I wold like to also, drop me an email late January and I will see what I can do
                Spoon
                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Kdeemer
                  • Dec 2006

But I want the root folders to be different. eg Flac\Artist\Album\Track to MP3\Artist\Album\Track. That is the way the prior version functioned.

Comment

• Spoon
                    Administrator
                    • Apr 2002

Next release will contain this (programmable out folders).
                    Spoon
                    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Kdeemer
                      • Dec 2006

Thanks. Thought I might be missing something

Comment

• Spies
                        • Aug 2006

>I would love to see a shoot out between PX-40TS & PX-32TS and the PX-230a & 708.

You got it!

Of course I would gladly trade support of the PX-40TS & PX-32TS for the Sony VGP-XL1B2 200 disc CD/DVD Changer/Recorder.

Is that a possibility?

Comment

• onthejazz
                          • Dec 2006

How about I send you one of my extra drives (PX-40TS)? Preferrably an internal spare that I have, but if you want an external I could do that to.

Comment

• Spoon
                            Administrator
                            • Apr 2002

Once R12 is out, pretty much straight away R12.5 will go to beta, that is when it can be implemented.
                            Spoon
                            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• MaDxCrEaM
                              • Oct 2006

Spoon, is the ripping to an image file still going to be pushed till after the R12 release? If so, do you know how long after you might get it implemented? Thanks for your hard work!!

Comment

• Spoon
                                Administrator
                                • Apr 2002

Should be R12.5
                                Spoon
                                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>