title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ... 2432333435 LastLast

Thread: Discussion of dMC R12 Alpha

Re: Discussion of dMC R12 Alpha

You installed the dMC r12 final, correct?

I tried installing the current available FLAC codec on codec central but got an outdated version error. Is there an area on the forum with the updated codecs or are they just not available yet?

EDIT: Nevermind, I found it in the sticky about this thread
    Last edited by vinnie97; 01-27-2007 at 02:40 AM.

Administrator

I ran a test rip with the replay/album gain and there are no errors and it appears that both track and album gain tags are there (flac).
    The original poster does not want to create replaygain tags, but alter the audio based on them.

========

RE: Installing over R11.5 registered, make sure you installed to the same folder as well.

hi.
    i was using r12 reference beta 4 and just downloaded r12 reference final.
    when it installed, i was told that my reference trial had expired and that i have to register.
    i have already got a registered powerpack under the old dmc, and see that there will be a cheaper upgrade price for us in about two weeks.
    since i dont want to pay more than i have to, my question is this, is it possible for us to have the 21 days reference trial period from beta 4 reset?
    or will i have to wait two weeks and then upgrade from powerpack in order to use ultra secure ripping and the other reference features?
    Last edited by lohot; 01-27-2007 at 08:57 AM.

Administrator

>i have to wait two weeks and then upgrade from powerpack in order to use
    >ultra secure ripping and the other reference features?

I will try in the next few days to fix up an upgrade link.

Quote Originally Posted by LtData
    You installed the dMC r12 final, correct?

yes

dBpoweramp Guru

Is accuraterip turned on by default? If not, it should be. Honestly, I think there is no reason to provide an option to turn it off.

Also, is there a reason results cannot be submitted in real-time, when accuraterip quiries for matching results? I believe a large percent of AR results go unreported.

I think it is turned on, but it has to be configured in order to be used.

As to why its not real-time, it might be to lower the number of hits on the server and just make it groups of submissions at once. For instance, if you rip a large (15+) number of CDs at one time, a group submission would be lighter on the server than 15 individual ones.

Administrator

AccurateRip is on be default and after 1 month will offer to submit results.

dBpoweramp Guru

No problem. I just remember in the first beta I installed it was off by default and assumed it may be on now because its saving my settings. It may be wise to set it to send in results based either on time or number of submissions, whichever comes first (ie 1 wk or 10 discs). Do you have any data on what percent of users decline the ability to send in AR results? Should you not be able to get AR data if you refuse to submit AR results? I know this is more AR related but I am hoping this is addressed before r12 hits the masses.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

nice to read that an upgrade link will come sooner :komisch9: hope the prize is nice too

Hi =) Sorry if this has been covered before (I'm new to this forum and couldn't find it anywhere), but does R12 Final not work with Nero Digital aac? I'm a huge fan of dMC & I love the improvements in R12, but it doesn't seem to encode to Nero HE-AAC like r11.5 did, and it won't let me reinstall the AAC codec (which is my lossy codec-of-choice). Am I doing something wrong, or is this something that will be covered when the final release codecs become available?

Thanks in advance for the help! :smile2:

--Chris

You can use the Nero codec with the General CLI codec, but no, there is not yet a mp4/m4a encoder for dMC r12 yet. It should be ported to dMC r12 shortly, I know that's what Spoon had planned anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by LtData
    You can use the Nero codec with the General CLI codec, but no, there is not yet a mp4/m4a encoder for dMC r12 yet. It should be ported to dMC r12 shortly, I know that's what Spoon had planned anyway.
    Thanks for the info. I hope mp4/m4a encoding is incorporated soon, because otherwise r12 looks fantastic -- very nice work. Looking forward to upgrading soon! :smile:

--Chris

just wanted to say thank you for getting the upgrade link up so quickly.
    now i can attack my cd collection in ultra secure mode!