title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Macintosh OS X Support!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Firefishe
    • Jan 2006

Macintosh OS X Support!

Please port this over to Macintosh so the original OS that iTunes was made for can also take advantage of dbPowerAmp's features, especially converting protected AAC files (purchased music!) to standard mp3 files.

I buy a lot of music from the iTunes music store on my macintosh, but I'm tired of having to burn a cd then rip it and rename the files just to get them to work in some of my players that don't play AAC.

The Mac community would be utterly grateful for this program being ported over for OS X!

Thanks in advance,
    Firefishe
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: Macintosh OS X Support!

Have you tried JHymn to unprotect your music? Note that it doesn't support iTunes 6 yet.

Also, remember that there is only one real dBpowerAMP staff member: Spoon. He is the sole programmer, there are just helpers like myself, ChristinaS, Wayne, Razgo, and xoas that help in the forums to lessen the amount of questions he has to answer. A Linux port has also been requested for a while but hasn't happened, though all of dMC except Audio CD Input functions in Linux via Wine.

Comment

• haibane
      • Apr 2008

Any news on a possible port to OS X?

Comment

• LtData
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • May 2004

Same situation as before: only one developer, so not likely.

Comment

Working...

]]>