title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How do Iget results?

How do Iget results?

I downloaded the free trial 7 days ago and have not been able to figure out how to use it. Nothing works.

Re: How do Iget results?

Have you been able to install the program?
    Did you install with administrative priviledges?
    What is your operating system?
    What are you trying to do and what results are you getting?
    Have you reviewed the Help files (Start>All Programs>dBpowerAMP Music Converter>Help>dBpowerAMP Music COnverter Help)?

Perhaps with a few details we can help you get things working.

Best wishes,
    Bill

Bill, thanks for replying.

Program installed okay.
    No Administrative priviliges in the installation.
    Operating system is XP Professional.
    I am trying to burn a CD with music files on the hard drive. A window opens but that is all. Nothing is shown how to do anything no buttons to click.
    Help files do not give a clue on what to do.

You must be signed in as administrator in order to install these programs and at least as a power user in order to use them.

You CAN use the program as a limited user, but you must be in an administrator account to install the program and also allow everyone to write to the dBpowerAMP Install directory (defaults is Program Files\Illustrate\dBpowerAMP). Also, for Audio CD Input, select "Windows Built-In (Limited)" as the CD Communication set.

Are we talking about the same program?
    The one I am having trouble with is a limited time program to try before buying

I assume from your second post that you are trying to install and use dCW (dBpowerAMP CD Writer). This program also requires dBpowerAMP Music Converter (dMC), so that also needs to be installed (unless it was already).

What LtData says about installation holds for both programs. Audio CD Input is one of the features of dMC and is the preferred interface for ripping audio from CD but has little to do with creating a CD from files on your computer. If you were using dCW to copy a CD, however, then this feature would be impportant to you.

Best wishes,
    Bill

This is getting confusing.
    I have the program installed and am trying to burn a CD from files already on my hard drive. The help files states this can be done. I find nothing in the help files that tells how, and also nothing shows how when I try to run the program.

Cliff

First, dBpowerAMP CD Writer (dCW) relies upon dBpowerAMP Music Converter (dMC).
    You can get them separately or together. Each has a 30 trial which alows unlimited access to all features of each prgram.

Each program (or the 2 together) should be installed while you are logged in to your computer with administrative priviledges. If you do not, the odds are fairly great that they will not work correctly and you may have some trouble trying to uninstall them.

If the programs are properly installed, you should be able to access a feature called "dMC Configuration". This is accessed Start>All Programs>dBpowerAMP Music Converter>COnfiguration>dBpowerAMP Music Converter Configuration. The very first page should tell you about whether you do or do not have dCW (dBpowerAMP CD Writer) installed and the status of your trial period for dCW and/or for the Power Pack (the part of dBpowerAMP Music Converter that you actually register/pay for, all the rest of dBpowerAMP Music Converter is free of charge).

If dCW is properly installed, it has its own Help file (Start>All Programs>dBpowerAMP Music Converter>Help>dBpowerAMP CD Writer Help). The Help file for dCW is very detailed as to how to create a cd from files on your computer, so either you are not looking in the right place or perhaps the program is not installed properly. You can also access the dCW Help file from the ? icon on the main page for dCW (accessed from Start>All Programs>dBpowerAMP Music Converter>dBpowerAMP CD Writer).

From your description, it does not appear that you have dCW properly installed and you may not have dBpowerAMP Music Converter correctly installed either. If dMC is properly installed, you may have downloaded but not installed dCW.

So:
    Step 1: See if you can open dMC Configuration;
    Step 2: If you can, see if this shows dCW (dBpowerAMP CD Writer) as being installed.
    From there, either research the dCW Help file (if dCW is installed) or reinstall dCW.

If you need further help, please tell us what you have tried out of these steps and what results you found.

Best wishes,
    Bill

I have found that the program works fine on my Windows 98 computer but not on the computer running XP Profesional. Both are installed the same way.
    What does one do now??

Administrator

Doesn't work doing which task? ripping audio cd? converting an audio file, or writing an audio cd?

Make sure your reading the right help files, if you installed dBpowerAMP CD Writer there are help files for both dBpowerAMP Music Converter and dCW installed.

Re: How do I get results?

As I stated, "I have found that the program works fine on my Windows 98 computer but not on the computer running XP Profesional. Both are installed the same way."
    Nothing works on my XP machine except the conversion and that is not right as the converted file is much larger than the original.

Re: How do I get results?

Did you re-install dMC with Administrative access? dMC HAS to be installed with administrator rights on Win2k/XP. You can use it with a limited account after you configure a few things as I stated above.

You wrote.
    Did you re-install dMC with Administrative access? dMC HAS to be installed with administrator rights on Win2k/XP. You can use it with a limited account after you configure a few things as I stated above.
    >>>>>

I have no idea what you are talking about. What the heck is Aministrative access??