title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Delete a Channel

Delete a Channel

I have hundreds of lossless speech files with 2 channels that are *almost* the same. The left channel is a better.

I manually delete the right stereo channel, change the file to mono and save it back into the lossless format. This results in a savings of 25MB per file.

I would like to automate this and I think dBpowerAMP "channel move" might used for this. The documentation on this feature is a bit light and it's hard to tell if it results in exactly what I need.

I DO NOT WISH TO COMBINE OR MERGE THE CHANNELS. The end result should be the origional LEFT now in MONO format.

Thanks! -TrueHeart

Re: Delete a Channel

Don't you mean to use Channel Split? Get it from Codec Central - bottom of page, with the utility codecs. Very easy to use.

Do you think we can update this advice? I don't see this "utility" for the new version. Thanks. -TrueHeart

Administrator

It is in Codec Central Legacy you need R11.5 of Music Converter (link from dMC download page), it will be added shortly to R12.

I would kindly ask for Channel Combine (rather than split) codec. I have many mono files (left and right, exported as mono files), which I would need to combine into stereo files. I would like to select two mono files at once (L and R) and convert them into WAV stereo file (L+R), if this is possible? If not, could you please create such a codec? It would be extremely useful as we need now to manually manipulate mono files and add them to audio editors and export the combined stereo file which is very time consuming... Many thanks.