title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Drive not ready error

Drive not ready error

I downloaded the trial version of CD writer. I am trying to burn a CD from audio tracks on my PC. When I select burn it starts for about 2 seconds and then gives me an error message: CD Drive Error "The drive is not ready". After that my cd drive locks ups, I cannot open it, I have to reboot my computer. I know that my drive works as I can burn a CD with iTunes. Any suggestions?

Operating system: XP, SP2
    Drive: Plextor DVD burner
    Disks: I have tried music and data 80 min disks.

Re: Drive not ready error

Do you have 2 drives? did you select the proper drive?

Yes, I do. Yes I selected the correct drive, that is the one that is locking up.

Administrator

>I can burn a CD with iTunes

There could be another program interfering with the CD drive, for example iTunes installs a low level CD burning service that runs even when iTunes is not.

Well I also have a Plextor PX-716A (firmware V1.10) and i'm having the same problem.

It's start to write for about 2 seconds and then I have a window saying that the drive is not ready. After that the CD is scrap and I cannot open the tray door. I need to reboot to make the drive working again. I have tried another burning program with no problems. So my drive is OK

I have iTunes 7 installed.

What drivers is this program using ?

Anyone else using itunes 7 and this software to be working ?

Administrator

It uses its own writing component, not drivers. iTunes installs various cd writer components which are used all the time, even when itunes is not running.

You have already mention this in this thread that iTunes installed drivers.

Why this program can't burn CD if using it's own engine ? When we use a PC it is often that we install different burning program and most of the time I never had problem writng CD with everyone of them.

I have download the trial version because I had some .flac file that I wanted to burn audio CD.

This software was looking good an easy to use but it is just not working for me. I have an iPod so I will not uninstall iTunes just for this program.

By the way, iTunes is so popular that I don't understand why the creator if this program has incompability with iTunes.

I just hope that it will be a fix for this so I could try this software 100%.
    Last edited by sylvainp; 09-26-2006 at 09:24 PM.

Why should he adjust his software if the software that is causing problem is not behaving properly? Yes, iTunes is popular but also, from what I've heard, a little overzealous regarding your computer.

Same problem with drive not ready error. Have Itunes 7 installed (latest version). Does not write anything to the disk when this error occurs.
    :confused:

Administrator

Try uninstalling itunes.