title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: CDWriter Jumps to .mp3 from Audio CD

Question CDWriter Jumps to .mp3 from Audio CD

Hello, I have been successfully burning .flacs to 80 minute audio CD's for a couple of weeks now. Yesterday, the CDWriter kept changing the format on it's own to 700m .mp3 CD. Can anyone help me get back to the original format? I can't figure out what I may have triggered! Even when I "create new cd", it reverts back to .mp3 when loading my first track.

Thanks for your help!
    Siftysue

Administrator

Re: CDWriter Jumps to .mp3 from Audio CD

So you create a new audio cd, it is standard audio cd? and it jumps to an mp3 audio cd? is the standard audio cd not in the drop list?

No, Spoon, when I use the drop-down list, I get thousands of file choices, alternating between 650mb .mp3 Audio CD, and 700mb .mp3 Audio CD, all duplicates...I am going to uninstall, and try again from the web site, I guess..
    Thanks, Spoon.

Siftysue

Have you tried deleting those old duplicate formats?
    Do you have some need for them? If not, delete them. Open CD Writer (dCW), Click on New CD, select each format you want to delete and delete delete them. It looks like you have to do this one by one.

Can you tell us at what point the program switches format?
    Do you have dBpowerAMP Music Converter (dMC) set for Audio CD? If so, is it set for mp3 format? If so, you may want to try changing the setting there. Likwise, if you have used the multi-encoder utility codec with Audio CD as one of the options, try checking there. Please report on the two issues since they have not been reported previously.

Do you get consistent results regardless of how you access dCW? For example, I usually open CDWriter and do everything from there. However, you can also access dCW from dMC (as I outlined above). Does this same switch happen regardless of which way you access dCW?

Best wishes,
    Bill

Administrator

You would best kill the dbpoweramp registry entries (hkey_current_user\software\illustrate delete dbpoweramp). Delete the folder \program files\illustrate\dbpoweramp\ after uninstalling.