title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Killing dAP without killing dMC

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MrVideo
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Sep 2004

Killing dAP without killing dMC

dAP likes to start when I insert a CD. But, if I am ripping a CD and also have dMC up, killing dAP also kills dMC.

How does one terminate dAP without it also terminating dMC?
  • xoas
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2002

Re: Killing dAP without killing dMC

I am not sure why dAP would start up automatically when you insert a cd. I would expect that the problem is that either Windows recognizes dAP as your default CD player and feels it should automatically start up dAP to play any CD you put on your drive.

I am not sure off the top of my head the best way to turn this off. I assume that dAP opens to play the CD. You probably should not try to rip and play a CD at the same time (at least in part because of the problem you note). Are you using Audio CD Input to access your CD tracks for ripping?

I also note that I cannot replicate your problem by playing a CD in dAP while ripping it in dMC. If I start playing dAP it automatically switches from playing the CD. If I start the conversion and then start playing the CD in dAP I can switch off the CD without affecting the rip.

In any case, I would advise that instead of trying to close dAP while ripping, simply pause or stop the playing and minimize dAP. This should not affect the rip. Alternately, you should be able to stop dAP from playing the CD and to get it atarted playing from MMC. At that point you should be able to close dAP without affecting the rip.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted if it does not.

Best wishes,
    Bill

Comment

• MrVideo
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Sep 2004

Re: Killing dAP without killing dMC

Originally posted by xoas
      I am not sure why dAP would start up automatically when you insert a cd. I would expect that the problem is that either Windows recognizes dAP as your default CD player and feels it should automatically start up dAP to play any CD you put on your drive.
      Strange thing is that today dAP isn't starting when I insert CDs. I have no idea why it isn't.

I am not sure off the top of my head the best way to turn this off. I assume that dAP opens to play the CD. You probably should not try to rip and play a CD at the same time (at least in part because of the problem you note). Are you using Audio CD Input to access your CD tracks for ripping?
      That is why I kill dAP when ripping. Yep, that is indeed the tool I am using.

I also note that I cannot replicate your problem by playing a CD in dAP while ripping it in dMC. If I start playing dAP it automatically switches from playing the CD. If I start the conversion and then start playing the CD in dAP I can switch off the CD without affecting the rip.
      The rip isn't affected. I closed dAP before starting the rip. I've never started a rip while dAP was still playing the CD.

In any case, I would advise that instead of trying to close dAP while ripping, simply pause or stop the playing and minimize dAP. This should not affect the rip. Alternately, you should be able to stop dAP from playing the CD and to get it atarted playing from MMC. At that point you should be able to close dAP without affecting the rip.
      See above. The main problem I am trying to solve is that whenever dAP is closed/terminated, dMC is also terminated. I'd like to be able to close dAP without closing DMC.

Comment

Working...

]]>