title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: SWREG site seems a bit questionable

SWREG site seems a bit questionable

The SWREG site asks to harvest my phone number and street address without ANY mention of of a confidentially policy. Can they resell this info to Third parties? Do they store the info? If they do, how long do they store it for?

Honestly, that site doesn't instill much confidence. Is there another way to purchase the software?

Re: SWREG site seems a bit questionable

You haven't looked very well at that site, have you?

Here's their Privacy Policy: https://www.swreg.org/privacy.htm.

This is a highly repected payment processor incidentally.

I fail to see how you cna expect to make any sort of payments on the internet using creaidt cards or by whatever other means there are and not expect to provide full information about yourself so that all the requisite credit checks can be made.

Also, did you notice that the link to the payment page at SWREG is an https:// link ? This means that it is through a secure connection.
    Last edited by ChristinaS; 11-25-2005 at 12:43 AM.

You haven't looked very well at that site, have you?

A bit snarky for a moderator don't you think? FYI, there is no link to that policy from any of the payment pages or the home page. Apologies for not doing a full site search for document. It never occurred to me that they might choose to bury it rather that link to it from the page where it would actually be relevant.

I fail to see how you cna expect to make any sort of payments on the internet using creaidt cards or by whatever other means there are and not expect to provide full information about yourself so that all the requisite credit checks can be made

I never claimed otherwise. My questions regarded a privacy policy.

Also, did you notice that the link to the payment page at SWREG is an https:// link ? This means that it is through a secure connection.

And how exactly do SSL and HTTPS prevent the sale of my info... Or for that matter have anything to do with my questions?

Oh, and BTW, there is one thing I did notice however; You are quite condesending and maybe a little arrogant. And one little tip for the future: If you truly want to play the role of “moderator” here, try using that SpelChek link when you post.

Yes, you're right about my need to use a spellchecker.

As for your other opinions, well, we may differ on what is right.

Nothing prevented you from checking out the SWREG site itself, namely https://www.swreg.org/, the link to which is right on the bottom of that very payment page. There you'd of course have seen all the pertinent information.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fetta
    FYI, there is no link to that policy from any of the payment pages or the home page
    Quite the contrary, the link is on the home page in at least 2 places. Take another look: https://www.swreg.org/ .

If you want to complain to SWREG that their site doesn't have all links on all pages, please do so.

But before you fly off the handle and complain about something not sitting right with you, please show that you have at least made some effort to find the information you need and want.

Whatever.

I came here looking for information and answers to reasonable questions, NOT to listen to a "FanGrrrl" rant mindlessly defending her turf.

I can only hope that the software is of better quality than the support here.

What's a "FanGrrrl"? Please explain. It doesn't sound polite, nor does the rest of your post.

Fetta is referring to the female version of what is called a "fanboy" which is a person that rabidly promotes their favorite programs and goes ballistic at those people that suggest it isn't the best thing since sliced bread. This is unwarrented.

First, if you question the site, you SHOULD have explored the main page, where there is a clear link to privacy-issues on the front page. You did not do this.
    Second, you criticize us trying to help you.
    Third, so we mis-spell some words. So? We're only human, we're not super deities that bless this forum with out presence. We are just normal people that have been granted moderator priviledges by Spoon and Razgo to help with the moderation and control of this board.

Thread locked. Open another thread further criticizing us trying to help you when we did not deserve this criticism will result in a temp-ban. Further abuse will result in a perm ban. We don't like banning people, but we are forced to do this sometimes.

LtData, thanks for your support. I had figured as much about that infantile expression, but was expecting the guy to apologize or at least substantiate his allegations. Neither happened, so .... :thumbdown