title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: midi to wav

Unhappy midi to wav

i have a small midi file i need to convert to a wav file. how can i go about doing this? thank you in advance for your help.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast brandonjp's Avatar

Re: midi to wav

i've oft tried to do this myself with no real EASY answer, but i can do it for you if you send me the midi file
    --bp

You can do this using dBpowerAMP Auxilary Input. There is a great help file for this (Start>All Programs>dBpowerAMP Music Converter>Help>dMC Auxilary Input Help) and an informative FAQ in the FAQ section for dBpowerAMP Music Converter here:
    http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=7318 ?

Best wishes,
    Bill

Angry Re: midi to wav

ok. here's my problem. i keep getting error messages about some trial period expiring. this is my first day using this. i'm also getting an error message about not have the correct CODEC to open up the folder where i want the file to be saved. this is way too confusing. all i want to do is convert a 10kb midi file into a wav file and i've been jumping through hoops for 2 1/2 hours just to do so. dBpowerAMP doesn't even recognize the file when i try to select it. i've used both links suggested to try to resolve the problem and i am still not having any luck. i can't believe that dBpowerAMP can't covert a simple midi file however it can convert other larger formats like wma. at this point, i am agitated, aggravated and feeling just plain rude! does anybody have an answer?

Yes.
    See the thread referenced by LtData here: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=2213

You CANNOT simply convert midi using dMC, you MUST use Auxilary Input and you MUST have the ability to play the midi file on your system.
    This is because MIDI is an entirely different animal than other formats (midi is to wave as sheet music is to live performance).

I have seen references to programs that convert midi to wave but I am not familiar with what is available out there. If you are interested, you could perhaps Google the term "Midi to Wave Converter".

Best wishes,
    Bill

Wink Re: midi to wav

xaos, i tried both links you referenced and for some odd reason, i kept getting error messages (which is why i posted my last thread). i even did a google search, yahoo (you name it), to look for software that could convert midi to wav without any problems. i guess my problem is that i am pretty cheap some times. didn't want to pay the high price just for 1 clip. i swear, this pc almost met with mother nature face to face because i was going to throw it smack out of the window and into the wind. i got so frustrated. needless to say, i'm not one to give up so easily. soooooooo, i tried again using the auxillary input. guess what? it worked. FINALLY! still don't know why i got the error messages i spoke of earlier, but from these teeth you see here :D , i am grinning from ear to ear. thanx for all your help. i'm happy i only utilize powerpoint once a year. remind me to send a no thank you letter to Microsoft. essentially, my hang ups were because of them. lol. thanx again.

unique

Glad things worked out.

Best wishes.