title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

AAC for Sony PSP

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ms9iner
    • Nov 2005

AAC for Sony PSP

I heard that Sony PSP (version 2.0 firmware) is able to play MP4 audio under the AAC format.

So I used dbPowerAmp to convert but all the MP4 audio codecs (esp the AAC codec) didn't work...my Sony PSP doesn't display the file.

Any clues here??
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: AAC for Sony PSP

Did you try the "Mp4 to AAC" codec at the bottom of the Mp4/AAC codec page? http://www.dbpoweramp.com/codec-central-mp4.htm

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

Probabbly needs a .m4a file not .aac
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• xoas
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Apr 2002

I found this at a PSP2 site (PSP World, here:
        http://www.pspworld.com/sony-psp/psp...le-001314.php).
        Quoting from an announcement about the new firmware update:
        MP4 (the audio codec for MP4 format audio files is MPEG-4 AAC) and WAV (Linear PCM) have been added as playable file formats (for music saved on Memory Stick Duo media).
        I very strongly suspect that there is no way for an average user to upload and play mp4/aac files EXCEPT through theMemory Stick Duo media and (I suspect) the use of the firmware itself. If there's a manual or help file for the firmware, that is where I would start.

Best wishes,
        Bill
        Last edited by xoas; 11-03-2005, 06:55 PM.

Comment

• ms9iner
          • Nov 2005

Many thanks to those who replied.

I used the "Mp4 to AAC" utility to convert my AAC to an MP4 container, transfered to my Memory Stick Duo and it played.

Thanks again!

Comment

• bmagierski
            • Nov 2005

ms9iner .... i'm having a similar problem. I have ripped my CDs into iTunes and it says they're in the MP4 AAC format (.m4a extension). When I copy them onto my PSP, the PSP does not recognize the files.

I tried doing a MP4 to AAC conversion, but this leaves me with a .aac extension that PSP doesn't recognize either.

I did convert the files to WAV and it worked, however it would be much easier if the PSP just played the MP4 files as it says it does.

Any tips based on you're experience above?? I wasn't exactly able to tell if you started with a .m4a file and converted to .aac or the other way around from the thread above.

Thanks in advance.

-- bkm

Comment

• LtData
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • May 2004

He started with an AAC file that he converted to an AAC file in a mp4 container. Try ripping your CD to AAC using dMC and then using the "mp4 to AAC" conversion on it. Also, make sure you are ripping to a supported bitrate and frequency.

Comment

• Spoon
                Administrator
                • Apr 2002

Try renaming the extension from .m4a to .mp4 (there is something in codec central that can do this also).
                Spoon
                www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• nsudhi2000
                  • Jan 2009

AAC for Sony PSP

hi guys,, how can i play mp4 or AAC format songs in my psp(3)...
                  i copied both formats songs in the device, but its not reading,,,,,
                  please help me,,,,,,,,,,
                  thanks in advanse

please write me to my email id

nsudhi2000@yahoo.co.in

Comment

Working...

]]>