title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MP3 Splitter

MP3 Splitter

I see that a splitter utility codec is to be tested soon. This is something I could really use when converting Audible (.aa) files to (very large) mp3.

Options to split into user-defined lengths, 'x' equal length files and to integrate splitting automatically into the conversion process would be good. Any idea of timing for release?

Administrator

Re: MP3 Splitter

4-8 weeks.

Exclamation Re: MP3 Splitter

Can you look into also having the Split utility find the built-in chapter breaks on Audible's .AA files, and splitting at those points?

Administrator

Those chapters are not supported through directx (as far as I know).

Any update on the splitter utility? Really looking forward to this feature.

By the way, since I and other people will be using this for audio books, it would be nice to have a setting to detect gaps only after xx minutes. So instead of splitting the audiobook every time there was a pause, have it split the audiobook at the first gap after XX minutes had passed.

Administrator

It is working its way to the top of the todo list...

Thank you for this great utility.

For splitting .aa (Audio books) - and indeed other long MP3 files, I agree it would be REALLY USEFUL if it was possible to automatically split the files into sensible segments. The Audible user defined chapter marks would be the best, but other suggestions (defined time/size or pause) would be better than nothing.

Thanks again. Peter

So will this utility (whatever it may be) be able to split and convert .ape and .flac files (and other formats) out of a .cue sheet?

This would be very useful for splitting much of my lossless music collection for use on my iPod.

'Split and convert' would be cool - but I guess even just being able to split out the tracks would be a start.

(foobar2000 already does this BTW - though it doesn't support converting to Apple lossless).

GJ
    Last edited by raid517; 01-23-2006 at 05:39 PM.

Administrator

R12 will hopefully know about cue sheets and all the other playlist type items, the new codecs are being written with the idea of accurate track splitting, mp3 + wave are done now.

Well if I was really pushing my luck I would say that "split and convert" and write the new individual file tags from the cue sheet in a single right click operation would be an uber cool feature to have. Basically (I supect like most people these days) the majority of my re-encoding is done for my Ipod/portable media player - so the easier I can do this the better - and of course the iPod needs correctly formatted ID tags in order to recognise the music. (Essentially it comes down to the difference between using 4 different tools, to using only one).

GJ
    Last edited by raid517; 01-23-2006 at 05:49 PM.

I too am looking forward to a nice file splitter uitlity. I like to split my audiobooks up into manageble chunks. That way if I somehow lose my place (as my mp3 player sometimes does) I only have to fast forward through 30 minute chunks instead of a 10 hour audiobook file.

You mentioned that the MP3/wav splitter was already done? How would I access that? Or is it still waiting for the next build/release?

Thanks for all your work and giving us such a great product.

dMC r12 can be accessed as an early alpha in the Beta sectin of this forum. Remember that is a Technology Demo at the moment and will NOT work with any codec beside the included WAV and mp3 codecs.

Administrator

The splitter is not written just yet, was thinking about it today, will start soon (promise).

dBpoweramp Guru

Alright, splitters! Looking forward to that, Spoon!