title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Saving Genres

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • donny
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Oct 2002

Saving Genres

I wish there could be an option to save multiple genres to id tag, like we have in the music collection...
    I know that the problem is that there are no standards in that field, but maybe if there was another option in the program to choose whether we want it to write multiple genres to file (genre1;genre2;genre3) it would be nice.
    This way if I transfer files from one to the other of the computers, or if I convert it to another codec, I have to re-tag the genres, and I like to use them with selective play - I find it very interesting to select just instrumentals for instance when I'm studying.
  • donny
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Oct 2002

Re: Saving Genres

So are there any people using the multi genre feature and would like to keep it in files?
    I'm prepared to face the incompatibility problems with other players and everything, I knwo others may not be, that's why it would be good to be put as an optional thingy...

Comment

• Wayne
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Aug 2002

I have added multiple genres to some of my files in MMC and eventually I may get round to updating the rest.

Are you saying that multiple genres get lost when you convert a file? If it does how does it decide which one to keep?

Wayne

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

First one, the new design of dbpoweramp codecs will allow multi genres.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• donny
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Oct 2002

well I'm glad to hear that

Comment

• kweller
            dBpoweramp Enthusiast
            • Apr 2002

Originally posted by donny
            So are there any people using the multi genre feature and would like to keep it in files?...
            Me, I use it all of the time. I generally tag a track with a single genre to describe the music, e.g. Rock, then add tags to indicate, for example, track contains bad language is good for exercising, studying, partying and so on. That makes it nice and simple using pre-saved selection criteria to play tracks that suit the environment. I agree getting them saved into the tags (and the ratings!) would be much better and I'm pleased Spoon says it is coming :-).
            Last edited by kweller; 01-14-2006, 12:27 PM.

Comment

Working...

]]>