title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: dbpoweramp converter ?

Re: dbpoweramp converter ?

"rerun dMC Configuration" means just run dMC Configuration again, as you seem to have done in your post before that, with the links to Codec Central and the like.
    Most CD Burners can burn audio CDs with WAV files or mp3 files. dBpowerAMP Cd Writer is one example, other are like Nero and Easy CD/DVD Creator.

Do note that some sites have real files as "ram" files, or meta-files. See here for more information about that: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=6194 and http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=4992 .

Hi folks, Christiana nice to chat with you again, are you saying that I would need to d/l the dmc writer per below:

"If you have dBpowerAMP CD Writer, you can burn an audio cd with your real media files, assuming they are all readable by dMC (i.e. you have the codec for them or the directshow filter and a test conversion works fine)."

Also LtData, I did have nero installed but deleted it since I couldn't at that time burn any cd's

I now have meadia classic player which was installed when I loaded real alternative.

Would I not be able to use their cd burner:

Thanks!! :smile2:

Is there a burner with Media Player Classic? Don't recall seeing one.

But you may find that WMP itself now works to play such files and with luck it might be actually able to burn an audio cd for you.

Otherwise, in order to burn without first converting to wav (or mp3), you will need dCW, as it can perform conversions on the fly.

I still don't recommend burning and converting on the fly from real media. Just don't trust it enough. I've had some experiences with it that would have meant a scrapped cd every time.

[IMG][/IMG] Its doing this here today, sorely needed.

Your are right, when I was playing a song yesterday on media it show cd burner but am not sure that it does.

I guess I should either reinstall nero or dmwriter have followed your advice, so, if you would care to express an opinon which would you install.

What is the difference between wave/mp3/lame?

See here for more information regarding file formats: http://www.dbpoweramp.com/spoons-audio-guide.htm
    Just remember, WAV (or wave) is an uncompressed audio file.
    MP3 is a type of audio file compression.
    LAME is the name of one particular (and normally regarded as the best) MP3 encoder.

Hello again, I have d/l some songs that I want to convert to wave, however, when I went to my dmc converter file th auxilary input file is missing, can you venture an opinon on why it might be missing this is what shows:

compresion, help, versions dspeffects music convert.exe multi player.

For the time being I am using dmc 10

Thanks

Were are you looking for dMC Auxiliary Input?

Don't you have them all in Start > Programs > dBpowerAMP Music Converter > ?

Now why are you looking for it? Are you trying to record audio from files which cannot be converted? Because otherwise dBpowerAMP Music Converter and the proper decoding and encoding codecs are what you need to convert your audio files.

Unfortunately, Auxiliary Input was a separate download for dMC r10 and I don't think its available separate anymore. It looks like you will need to upgrade to dMC r11.5, which also includes many updates, new features, and bug fixes.

Oh, I didn't think about his possibly using and old version of dMC. :o

Thanks for your help on this. As I viewed 11.5 I believe it a pay for feature. I am not a cheap person, but unless I can become adept at converting midis to wave etc, I will let it go for a while.

Some where in these posts someone mentioned that I could record to a cd without converting.

I have d/l a lot of songs that are ram files and was hoping to burn these to a cd, it now appears that I cannot do that.

Any thoughts?

Do note that the only part about dMC r11.5 that will expire is PowerPack features and encoding to mp3. If you don't use the PowerPack features and don't convert to mp3, you would be better off with dMC r11.5.

What size are you ram files? Did you see my post at the top of this page regarding if they are meta-files or not?

Also note that the cd burning program from dBpowerAMP is also a paid for program.

:Hello again.

LtData, reference your questions regarding file size: I have copied to my cp 16 files that have 1kb, and two others that I am not sure of. If this is what you mean.

While I was checking that, I right clicked on the files and a dbpowerAMP music converter box came up. I am sure you know this, it has a box at the top that had converting 1 file to MP3(lame) you can change that to wave
    or test conversion.

it is set to " Channels Stero and frequency 44100.
    Output to same folder as original or just folder which is checked, I believe that somewhere I was told that when they were converted they remained in the same file.:smile2:

At the bottom on the left side:
    Volume normalize
    Preserve ID Tags
    Delete source filters after conversion
    Add to DEpowerAMP music collection

On the right side at the bottom there is a box titled "convert" and just above that is is try power pack, which I am sure you know about that.

It appears to me that this is what I need to convert the files.
    In regards writer that is not free, I will reinstall the nero burner.

Of course the files will probably not be above to be copied to a cd although I did have some midis that I converted and copied.

Most of all the files I have that I wanted to convert are real audio files and ram.

Will await your thoughts and suggestions.

Thanks
    Last edited by Java; 10-11-2005 at 03:05 PM.

If your real audio files are only a few KB in size, they are meta files. See my other post at the top of this page for what to do:
    Quote Originally Posted by LtData
    Do note that some sites have real files as "ram" files, or meta-files. See here for more information about that: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=6194 and http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=4992 .

LtData, I opened up the properties on all the d/l songs , the majority of them list 32.0 kbs. One at 533 kb, 1 at 578 kb and 1 at 412 kb. There are two wmp wave sound 1 at 349 kb and 1 abt 631 kb.

When I opened them up in note pad some are listed as .rm and a number of them at .ram. I am trying to understand the info the sites you listed.

Here is ome of the coding when I opened them in notepad:
    http://dapatchy.com/gospel/_/g879.ram
    http://dapatchy.com/gospel/_/7.ram
    rtsp://real2.netservers.net/johnstarnes.com/GHVol1/LetsAllGo.rm

Any comments, Thanks
    Last edited by Java; 10-11-2005 at 08:02 PM. Reason: adding additional info