title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: dbpoweramp converter ?

Re: dbpoweramp converter ?

I should have said this:

Burning the files in my real player cd

I use real player and maybe I will set wm.

Question Re: dbpoweramp converter ?

Can ram files be converted to copy to a cd?

I d/l some songs from this site: http://members.tripod.com/~rosemck1/...rn-gospel.html
    and then put them thru th converter. I tried to burn a few to a cd, but it gave me the msg "unable copy unsupported media file".

Shouldn't ask you to do this, but would please look at that site at you convience, I copied some songs from the John Starnes list. They are ram files.

Thanks

What size are the RAM files? If they are only a few KB, see here for converting meta files: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=4992

That site uses .wav files (I hope compressed) and .ram . The .ram files ought to be the meta files but are in fact the real audio files (should have been .rm or .ra), misnamed. Real Player doesn't really care when it comes to playing it.

Rename those .ram files to .rm or .ra before trying to burn or convert them.

Hello Christian, I know I' m pest and over my head at this point, but how ans where do you :

"Rename those .ram files to .rm or .ra before trying to burn or convert them."

I did try to burn some of the songs but got the unsupported msg.

Thanks.

Well, first of all enable viewing file extensions in Windows if you don't already have that. http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=5361

Then in Windows Explorer, right click the file name and select Rename from there. Put in a new name with the appropriate extension.

Anyway, what program are you using for burning?

Hello, I checked the file extenstions and this is what I found:

Real Network streaming protocol
    rp autoplay for audio cd
    rp autoplay for blank cd
    rp autoplay dvd
    rp for mp/3viedo
    rp for legacy audo cd
    rp legacy dvd
    realtime streaming protocol

These extensions all have none in front of the.

Thanks

No, that's the file type. What we need are the extensions, like .ra, .ram, .rm, etc. Do what ChristinaS said to show the file extensions in Windows Explorer.

Thanks you folks are more than patient.

I found these extensions, hope this is what I need t show you.

RA audio
    ram/rp presentation
    rax/protected
    rjsreal systen skins

there are alot more rp like m1, 2 etc.

rax is protected real media files, dMC cannot conver tthose. You will have to use Auxiliary Input to copy those songs.
    As for .ra, it should convert.

Hello again, just a few questions before I sign off:

What does this mean? "rax is protected real media files, dMC cannot conver tthose. You will have to use Auxiliary Input to copy those songs"
    Does this mean: "As for .ra, it should convert" that I can convert ram 9 music
    When I asked christina to look at a site that I was trying to convert ram this is what she said: "That site uses .wav files (I hope compressed) and .ram . The .ram files ought to be the meta files but are in fact the real audio files (should have been .rm or .ra), misnamed. Real Player doesn't really care when it comes to playing it.

Rename those .ram files to .rm or .ra before trying to burn or convert them."

All of these songs I tried to convert was thru the auxilary input.

In a post that Bill Mikkelsen had I tried to check and see if my real audio codec show up as being installed, I could not find that.

Thanks have a good weekend

Java

dMC Auxiliary Input does not convert as such. It records what is being played. So it is irrelevant what file format that is really. No dMC decoding codecs come into play here at all.

I was referring to actually using dMC to convert an audio file that you have on your pc. I thought you had downloaded those audio files from that site. I didn't get the impression that you were playing them and recording them on your pc using dMC Auxiliary Input.
    Last edited by ChristinaS; 09-02-2005 at 09:27 PM.

(Pardon me for expounding on what Christna has so succinctly expressed above while I was formulating this)
    I think you might be a bit confused as to the difference between converting a track, and recording a track.
    For dMC to convert a file (whether ripping from cd or converting an existing audio file)
    it must be able to read the original file and it has to have the right codec to convert that file to the format you want. Therefore, to convert a real audio file to mp3 dMC has to have the Real Audio installed and an mp3 encoder codec. Ususally conversions are much faster than recording because the conversion time is based on the amount of time it takes dMC to read and convert the data in the file.
    Recording an audio track requires a means of getting the music to the computer and converting it from audio signal to a computerized audio data format. dMC uses Auxilary input for recording. If you have a Real Audio file you want to record to mp3 (ideally you should probably record to wave and convert the wave to mp3), you do not need the Real Audio codec but you do need a program capable of playing the Real Audio file. Recording generally takes a lot longer because you essentially are recording the music as it plays.
    Sometimes people will use the term "conversion" to refer to recording because in essence they often do the same thing. As an issue of language, the distinction is probably not that important. But the important thing in pointing out the distinction is to help understand what you are doing and how it works.

In a post that Bill Mikkelsen had I tried to check and see if my real audio codec show up as being installed, I could not find that.
    I am not sure how recent that post is about the Real Audio codec. So to make sure we are clear about where to check:
    There are 2 Real Audio codecs-a DirectShow decoder codec that can be configured to read RealAudio files (in conjunction with Real Alternative), and a Real Audio encoder codec. The first helps dMC read Real Audio files (the important first step in converting them to a different format) and it helps dAP play Real Audio files. The other lets you create RealAudio formatted files using dMC.
    You check for both in dMC Configuration (Start> All Programs> dBpowerAMP Music Converter> Configuration> dBpowerAMP Music Converter Configuration). The encoder codecs are listed first in dMC Configuration as Compression Codecs and the Real Audio encoder will be listed as Real Audio. The decoder codecs are listed next as Input Codecs. If you can convert Real Audio using the DirectShow Decoder Codec you will see the DirectShow Decoder and following this, on the same line, you will see the extensions for the file types that the DirectShow Decoder is configured to read. If this is done correctly the file extensions .ra, .rm, .rpm, .ram and .rmvb will be on this line for the DirectShow Decoder. There is also an older Real Audio decodeer which should show up under the listing of Real Audio in your list of Input Codecs if you have it installed. The older codec is not really as useful as the DirectShow codec unless you cannot use the DirectShow codec.

You would need to have either the DirectShow Decoder codec or the older Real Audio codec to convert a file in RealAudio format using dMC. You do not need a codec to record Real Audio through Auxilary input.

Hope this helps.

Best wishes,
    Bill
    Last edited by xoas; 09-02-2005 at 09:41 PM.

Hi Bill and Christina, thanks again. Christina, if answer to you comments about recording. I down load some of the songs from the site I mentioned to the place I store them. After that I ran the songs that I wanted to try to burn in real play thru the dmc converter. As I mentioned when I tried to burn them in real player, I got the "Unsupported media file cannot burn"

Bill, The checks for the Real Audio codecs, that you listed, The first one using your instructions. I went to the Start. etc and this is the file I got:

DCM audio cd config.

dmc advanced ripping config.
    cd communication, 2000/no device 10

command set mmc

Undeneath was this Read cd text if drive and disc support it.

I also checked the dmc config.

It showed version info.
    installed compressions
    mp3(lame)

and many other items

I did not see the words real player anywhere

Do you think they are not loaded on my real player system.

Thanks

Apparently you have not installed the Real Media codecs in dMC, nor directshow or otherwise. You will have to follow the steps for installation of these before you can hope to do anything with it in dMC.

Make sure you have the latest beta for dMC (R11.5) as that gives a nice interface for copying the configuration fo easy posting - plus it has a number of bug fixes.

Real Player, if that's what you were trying to use to burn an audio cd with, might have worked if the files you were trying to burn had been named with a .rm or .ra extension instead of .ram - which is whay I said to rename them. It may not work at all with .wav probably.