title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: dbpoweramp converter ?

Re: dbpoweramp converter ?

The .rm file is where the actual audio is located. However, that protocol (rtsp://) isn't supported by any stream-capturing programs that I know of, so in order to burn it to a CD, you will have to use Auxiliary Input to record the song as you play it in RealPlayer or RealAlternative. You can then burn this recorded song to a CD.

After reading the articles by Christina, I looked on the notepad of some of the real files which on the surface has 1 kb and when I click on properties has 32 kb not sure which is right.

At the suggestion in writeing about wrong extensions on ram files I decided to change the rpm's to ra once I did this and tried to play the song I got this popup box.

"Media Player classic could not render some of the pins in this graph, you may not have the needed codes or filters installed on the system"

Stream O
    ASX File
    File stream enderer

The following pin(s) failed to find a connectable filter. File stream rendered out.
    Cannot render any of the Streams

I almost missed you last post on on the rtsp file. I just put the above on to show what I had tried.

Also, do I understand this correctley the rtsp file that I have copied on my cp if I use the DBpowerAMP converter that is on my cp and convert it to wave, then I can burn it to a CD?

Thanks

No, the .ram files you mentioned seem to be "meta" files or similar to playlist files. In order to burn these files to CD, you will have to use Auxiliary Input to record the song as you play it. Please read the posts I have linked to regarding meta-files to try to better understand what these .ram files are.

Thumbs up Re: dbpoweramp converter ?

Sorry to be pesty to day, after this one ? I will let you alone for a few days, and my thanks before I ask.

To get the auxilary input like I had on the old version, I will need to install the new 11. newer version, right now I have the old version 10 less the auxilary input.

I keep mixing up the converter, although on the converter I have it appears that one I have the file d/l I can convert the file to wave while I am playing it or am I confused on this issue?

Since I tried to change these files to ra I can no longer play them and will need to re d/l from the i/e. I do understand these meta files to some degree but not fully understood as yet, I know I seem dumb with all these questions but I am learning thanks to your input and help.

Thanks LtData!

OK, if you download and install the latest version of dMC it comes complete with dMC Auxilairy input.
    It is still a separate program so you find it in Start > Programs > dBpowerAMP group .

You use Auxiliary Input to record the audio for whatever is being played through yoru soundcard. You would do that when you don't have a file that you can convert for wahtever reason: cannto download it, or it's encrypted and only you rplayer can play it but it cnanot be converted, you want to recrod frm a turntable or cassette palyer, etc.

For the cases wher eyou have an audio file which allows conversion just use dMC to convert to the format of your choice, and get whatever codecs you need for that from codec central.

Real media files come in very many flavors. Some are encrypted others are not. Some files are streaming areal media files which cnanot be saved to your pc, cannot be converted.

The case of meta files is nto very imporant, as they are simply little text file giving the addrss fo the actual audio file. But that file may or may not be donwloadable.

When you cannot downlaod it and cannto convert it usign dMC, it's Auxiliary Input time.

Help--apparently I am not going to be able to copy the music I had stored on my cp and burn.

In trying to follow Christina's advice in checking notepad for the .rm .rpm coding, I changed all the rpm's to .ra. Now when I try to play the song from my stored files it doesn't or I get many msgs. Cannot render etc, so I deleted app those files and went back to the i/e to down load them again sos I could listen to them over the cp I am getting the same msg "cannot render file". How can I correct this problem.

Thanks

Were they meta files? Were you able to read them fully in Notepad? If they are meta files they will be very small, a couple of lines, all human readable.

If that's teh case, can you post here teh contents of one of them?

Otherwise, they are the actual audio files, and Real Player should be able to play them.

I don't know what .rpm is, it may well be a protected real media file, so then you cannnot convert it. If you can play it, you can record the audio to a new file, which will no longer be protected.

Real player can burn audio cd's with the files it can play, so that's usually one easy way to go around any encryption or decoder headaches as well.

Real Alternative (Meida Player Classic) may be able to play them too, though not sure if it can play all the various real media types, and probably not the protected ones.

But if you have protected real media files which Real Player cannot play, that means you don't have the license to them and there's nothing you can do then.

This is what showed when I opened notepad:

http://dapatchy.com/gospel/_/g879.ram
    http://dapatchy.com/gospel/_/7.ram
    rtsp://real2.netservers.net/johnstarnes.com/GHVol1/LetsAllGo.rm

This is now my problem, when I opened notepad after reading your thoughts in a previous post about about extensions files, .ra .rpm I changed the rpm's to .ra. at that point it did not work, I went back to notepad and put in the original .rm etc. After all this changing in note pad nothing would play.

I deleted all those files and when back on the internet to the site I copied the files from and tried to play them and all I got was cannot render.
    Somewhere something got changed and now I cannot play the songs at all.

All I am trying to do now is to get site to open and play

The Starnes file is located on the web at: Members.tripod.come

I realize I don't know enought about all this conversion and am not going to pursue it any further, my age keeps me from focusing. Can you tell me what has happened:

Hello, its been awhile. I was doing ok until I ran out of disk space and have been down for about a month. My son had to rebuild me cp, during the downtime most of my files got lost, motherboard problem.

At any rate I have reinstalled dbpoweramp converter, real alternative, direct show encorder codec reader.

I also have a3filter installed. I recall going somewhere in that area and adding rm and others like ra(I think), I looked in the direct show config. and this is what is there at this time:

Add supported DirectShow file type extensions, type only one extension per
    // line (replace .xyz below), re-run 'dMC Configuration' after adding new, for example:
    //
    // .ac3
    // .abc
    //

.xyz
    as best as I can recall this is where I added the rm's etc. I have looked thru all my msgs and cannot find the letters that I am sure was give to me either by Christiana, xoas or LtData.

Would you be so kind at to post the letters and tell me if they go in the direct show file or elsewhere.

Also, having told you what I have reinstalled is there anything else I need to install.

Thanks, have a good evening

:smile2:

Ok, in the file of filters, .xyz is an example. It corresponds to nothing.

You will want to add .ra and .rm on 2 separate lines, to handle real media files.

You can add other file extensions for which DirectShow filters can be used.

You need to see where you're at. Can't hope to install it all first and have it all complete. You want to install just what you need, not too much, not too little. I'm sure you don't need every codec at codec central.

So what works rigth now? and what doesn't work for that matter?

For future reference the extension letters are on the codec download page for the Direct Show Decoder here: http://www.dbpoweramp.com/codec-central-directshow.htm

Thanks!!

Back agin, think I have every thing installed that I had lost, but there is a question I have on the aux. input, when I try to record the vu box pops up and I check the record button it shows the time running, but there is nothing in the vu slider box.

Is there something I might have missed?

Thanks!!

See below for Aux Input instructions

Thanks LtData, got it working.

Also a question for you, Christina or Bill. I saw in an earlier post tht Christina and Bill both made mention of transfer files such as tapes, records etc to a cp. Mention from made that you could plug in from the audio player and copy to an in line on a cp.

I purchased a audio cable and would like to try that, I have some old tapes that I would like to put to a cd. I know Christina mentioned one might have to experiment.

Are there any tips or advice or a site I can look at first.

Thanks in advance.