title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: dbpoweramp converter ?

Question dbpoweramp converter ?

And thanks in advance.

I am a newbie at this, I was finally to convert some midi files thru the converter and able at least to burn a cd of one song at this point.

I then converted 2 other songs and when I tried to convert a 3rd one I got a box with the question do you want to overwrite these files, showing the 2 that I had converted.

I am sure that I don't know just how to do it all yet, but, on the dbpoweramp converter/aux input, do you put track one track two etc on that page? If not then how do you convert more than 2 files.

Re: dbpoweramp converter ?

Are you talking about ripping a CD or converting stand-alone files?

This is about using dMC Auxiliary Input, used to capture the audio from a midi file.

It's easiest to do one file at a time. You fix the file name before you record or you let it record to a generic file name and then rename the output file to whatever you want. This isn't a conversion as such, it's just a recording, so the original file name is unknown to dMC during this process anyway.

If you want you can define the file name beforehand by using the Artist, genre, etc. fields appearing at the top of dMC Auxiliary Input and the setting the file naming convention in the Options window.

If you are using Auxilary Input (your only alternative if you are using dBpowerAMP Music Converter to convert midi files), you can theoretically convert up to 20 tracks at a time if you can play them back to back in sequence. This would depend on your midi player's qualities, I would think. If your midi player can only play one track at a time and then has to be set up to play a second track then I think you will want to record them one at a time.

To record multiple tracks, set the menu between "Record" and "Tracks" (just above the spectrum bar with the label "Test Recording Level" on the top menu bar of the Auxilary Input window, just to the right of the Options button).

As for your other issue, you will find that you can fill in the information about Artist, genre and so forth and if you right-click on each track (such as the famous Track01) and select "Rename" you can apply titles to your tracks. These two features will prevent you from having bunches of unattributed Track01's trying to overwrite one another. You may find it helpful to create mock album titles as a further way to help order and distinguish these tracks.

Hope this helps.
    Best wishes,
    Bill
    Last edited by xoas; 08-29-2005 at 08:18 PM.

Smile Re: dbpoweramp converter ?

Thanks to all, appreciated.

Re: dbpoweramp converter ?/attn bill

Hello, Bill I am old and dense so bear with me. I went to the areas spoke of in the last part of you post, I selected track one, I type in a name and filled in the rest of the areas as well. On track one I right clicked and type in the name of the song I was converting. It goes to my d/drive when I looked there after converting several songs, I found that it would list show several conversions and I would have to click on each one to see if it had any sound, when I found the one that did convert I deleted the rest.

There must be something I am not doing correctly in the db conversion, would appreciate you thouhgts.

Thanks

This might happen if you use the Auto Start and Auto Stop features. The auto start detects a little sound, it starts recording and then enough silence to think it has reached the end so it stops. Or you clicked yourself on stop somehow.

That's why I said you should do one file at a time :smile2:

As one old and dense person to another...
    Are you saying that if you set up to record a midi file and and you name it (say) Java Gold *01 that you find after you record it you end up with multiple files named Java Gold *01-one or some with music and others with none?
    Or are you setting up to record multiple tracks named (say) Java Gold *01, Java Gold *02, Java Gold *03... and you are ending up with multiple files some of which have portions of Java Gold *01, maybe parts with portions of Java Gold *02, and/or that some that are empty?
    If your issue is more like the second scenario, then Christina's suggestion should be right on target.
    If it is more like the first case, that might end up being a bit more complicated.

In any case, Christina is also on target to suggest that, at least until you have gotten the hang of Auxilary Input that you might want to do one track at a time and refrain from using the auto on (and more especially) the auto off feature. When I record lps, I usually have to stop (and sometimes start) each track manually unless the lps have a lot of space between each track. If your midi player plays tracks back to back with little pause you may find it necessary to manually do the starting and stopping. Also, if your midi tracks have sizable pauses Auxilary Input may read these as being the end of the track (which is the the other reason for not using Auto Off).

This is one of those things that you will get better at with practice.

Best wishes,
    Bill
    Last edited by xoas; 08-30-2005 at 12:24 PM.

Re: dbpoweramp converter ?Christian and Bill

Thanks again folks.

This is what I do:

I got to Aux. input and in the record box/tracks I put a 1, which displays in the blank area, as you mentioned Bill (if this is correct) I right clicked and gave it a new name. At that point I then clicked on the song I wanted to convert and when it was finished I found it when was directed to in my d/drive. I did two songs like this which worked ok, but when I tried the 3rd, 4th and so on I would get the box about overwrite. I don't stand it but the songs would covert but I would get perhaps all the track no's which in most cases was empty of sound, I would however find one of them which had sound so I renamed it.

I might mention that the songs I am converting are instrumentals, I do one song at a time.

I did go to the options box and I see that there is a check mark in the "auto start record after the vu is over"

Now I am asking a stupid ? but to put my mind at rest, does track mean one conversion, and does file

Finally is there a tutorial for dbpoweramp that I might use?

Remember the horrific damages in the south and as well remember out ladies and men in Iraq .

I am located in Western Maryland. :smile2:

Uncheck the Auto Start and Auto End. Use manual start and stop only.

One track is what gets recorded between the moment recordign starst and it ends. It results in a file with the name as indicated there. If you don't the naming convention it gets saved as Track01 in whatever drive and folder you are directing the output.

Click the ? appearing on the far right side in dMC Auxiliary Input for the help file. That's as close to a tutorial as it can get.

Also read the FAQ on how to select and adjust the volume controls when using it.

Hi Christina. I must have a funky system. I unchecked the auto start, and auto end, when I converted the song and check to see if it had sound, there was no sound. Went back and put check marks in auto start and auto end and it had sound on the next try.

I cannot be doing something correctly, when I just converted the last song and check the area i sent it to, it show all of the eight songs I had recorded previously and only one of those had the sound in. I do one song at a time, some am befuddled.

Hmmm, it's all in the timing I'm afraid. You have to start the player and pause it immediately. Then you manualy start the recording (the red button), flip over to the player window and un-pause it. When the file has finished playing, just click the stop in dMC Aux input (the red button). After a few seconds the file is saved.

Make sure you don't have auto stop on.

It takes several practice sessions to get it right. Even I have to do this a couple of times over since I typically forget some step too :o I don't use it often enough.

I also hope you are recording to standard wav so as not to complicate matters more and to get the best quality audio recorded first, before playing with compression details.

Smile Re: dbpoweramp converter ?

Thanks again, I will work on this for several days and will post back to you. :smile2:

Re: dbpoweramp converter ?attn:Christina and Bill

Thought I would let you know that I have been able to convert many songs.

I took the check marks out of auto start and run.
    on the Aux page I number each song/track and then renamed it(per bill).
    I learned in a remark from Christiana to start the recording in a different manner that I have been doing.

I would get the song ready and then would click on record at the top of the page, then when the vuslider came up I started the recording from the vuslider.

This is working for me to this point, now if I can rip them on the real radio burner I will be happy.

I also found the I could covert song songs that I had been told I couldn't.

Have a good day!!! :happy:

But you're not converting songs you cannot convert. You are freshly recording the audio from them as they get played (because you are able to play them though the soundcard), that's the difference :D

Glad it's sorted.

But what's that about ripping to "the real audio burner"? :confused: