title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: dbpoweramp converter ?

Re: dbpoweramp converter ?

Here is a thread that may help get you started.

http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthre...ighlight=vinyl

I'd say first make a connection from your tape deck, cassette player or turntable (or better, the amplifier used for that) using their line out and plug that into the line in on your pc.

Try to first play somehting so that it plays through yoru soundcard and you hear in yoru computer speakers or heapdphones. Then you'll know that the connection is good and can be used for recording.

You will have to select the proper input source from your volume controls - for playback first. Then for recording.

You will have to experiment with volume levels on the devices you want to record from and on the input source to the soundcard. Eventually you will find the proper levels.

Thanks Christina!! :smile2:

Hello Christina, xoas and LtData.
    Cannot get my converter set to record and convert. Am able to get the the converter page to open but when I click on record it goes not farther, have been trying for the past half hour, any thoughts.

Also wanted to mention that I was able to procure a recording cable and successfully recorded and coverted from some of my old tapes. For an old feeble person it made me feel good.

Also, should I continue to use this thread for these type of questions or is it now to long.

Hold on. You say you have aready successfully recorded and converted?

So what has changed now?

Are you signed in as a different user than befre? You should be on admin account.

I'd say stay in this thread unless your problems are entirely different from the start.

I think he is trying to use Auxiliary Input but can't get it to work.

Have you tried the process below?

Well....
    Quote Originally Posted by LtData
    I think he is trying to use Auxiliary Input but can't get it to work.
    could be but this
    Quote Originally Posted by Java
    .... successfully recorded and coverted from some of my old tapes.
    is what confuses me :confused:

It sounds like Java was able to successfully record from Line Input, and that his most likely problem may simply be needing to set the correct recording source from Line Input ("Stereo Mix" or "What U Hear" if one is trying to record a file as it plays on your sound card, "Line Input" for material (like lps or audio tapes) which is accessed through the Line Input of your sound card, microphone for material recorded directly through the Sound Card's microphone input).

Java, if you need further help, please tell us about what you are trying to record and from what source.

Best wishes,
    Bill

I think I should not have put two seperate items on the same page.

First- When I brought up the "dbpowerampAMP Music Coverter-Auxilary Input"
    then name the track and clicked on record, the vu box did not come upt. However, today it is working, perhaps there was a some kind of a glitch yesterday. At any rate I am good on that topic.

Secondly- I repeat that I am able to play a tape on my tape player and play it thru my sound card (and convert it to wave) while it is playing. So, as I said I was able to get it to work. I think something was being taken on out context in my previous post. I am very grateful for each of your replies and I am sure as I work thru this.

Thanks!!! :smile2:

Attn Bill, hello I have another question. I have some cds that I want to copy some of the songs I like best and put them on one cd. I am not quite sure how to do this.

I see there is a converter with my dbpower that has a "rip" in tool box area I checked the auxilary area and see that it set to convert to my designated drive and that it is set to wave.

I am guessing that "Ripping" means to extract a tune on a cd and play it thru the dbpowerAMP music converter-audio cd input.

If that would be correct it would be somewhat like playing a song etc, from my tape player and have it converted to wave while it is playing.

If this is not correct, perhaps you could give me some info or advise if there is something on this board with instructions.

Thanks. It is 9:40 pm Monday March 20th, 1st day of spring - ha ha, we are suppposed to get upwards of 6+ inches of snow overnight, however nothing new for our area, old hat so to speak.

Thanks!!

"Ripping" means extracting audio from a CD to your computer in a format your computer can handle. Ripping is like a conversion except that the term is used exclusively for copying audio from a CD as opposed to regular conversions of files already on your computer or recording music from an lp or tape (which you might do with Auxilary Input). With dBpowerAMP Music Converter (dMC), you would normally use the Audio CD Input interface to rip music from CD.

It sounds like you are wanting to create a disk in standard CD format (the type that can be played on any CD player). You want to use a selection of tracks from a variety of CD's to create this disk and you want to use dB CD Writer (dCW) for creating and burning this CD.

I can see two ways of doing this. The first is to rip these tracks to your computer and then select those tracks you want to use for your compilation CD and burn them to disk. This method allows you to keep copies of these tracks on your computer so you can play and listen to them on your computer as well as take advantage of your CD. Assuming you have successfully used dMC and dCW for other projects in the past, this should be terribly straightforward but the most informative guide to how to do this, you can access the Help files for dCW and review in particular the process for "Burning (from existing audio files)".

There is another option you could use. In this case you would use Audio CD Input to open your disks and to rip selected tracks but where you would set your output format you will select "Audio CD" rather than Mp3 or wave. This will open dCW and you will set this to create a standard audio CD. The basic process is very well described in the dCW Help file on "Burning (from audio CD)". Instead of copying an entire CD, however, you will select only those tracks from the original CD that you wish to use for your compilation CD. Then you remove the first CD from your drive and put in the second disk and follow the same set of steps to copy just the tracks you wish to use from that CD and so on until you have added all the tracks you wish. You can then use dCW to to get the tracks in the order you want them to be prior to burning and then go ahead and burn your compilation CD.

In the second case you are essentially ripping the tracks from original CD's to temporary files (which will remain in place until you burn your CD and longer than that if you want to hold onto them longer) which will be used to create your CD.

If you run into any difficulty with this, feel free to post.

Best wishes,
    Bill

Thanks Bill, have a good day!!

Re: dbpoweramp converter ?attn:xoas

Hi again Bill, progress report so far.

I found that I can plug my sound cord into the output on my cd player and plug into a line in on my cp and copy a file to my cp and convert it to wave and it works.

Next. I do no have the dcW installed, so this is what is happening.

In my downloads I have a dbpowerAMP Music Converter- Audio CD input. this shows in my download file as "CDGRAB"
    In the top left hand corner it shows "RIP" in a box in the drop down box there are four items, I am listing only two "Rip audio from CD and Rip to".
    in the slide down box there are these listings:
    FLAC
    Monkey Audio
    MP3(lame)
    ogg vorbis
    wave
    windows media audio 1
    I selected "Wave'
    I then put in a cd and it play all to my hd, I can then slide any of the songs to a file I created.

I also found that I can click down to one song (if I remove the check Marks above that song and rip it to my hd.

I am still expermenting with that so far.

This somewhat follows the instrucitions you listed as the 2nd option.

If any of this makes sense to you, do you feel this is workable. I am doing it this way since I don't have db CD Writer installed.

Thanks!!!

Since you don't have dCW, you should be able to take your favorite WAV files and burn them in an Audio CD in your preferred burning program.

Java-
    You are defintiely on the right r\track. You should find that you are able to select (by checking/unchecking) any combination of tracks for ripping using Audio CD Input. Since you are not using dCW you will not find the option to rip directly to audio CD. For the purposes of this project, your best bet is to rip to wave (you can convert the wave files to some other format later if you want to save them to your hard drive, but wave is best for your project since it will work with any burning program (at least on any Windows-based burning program).

LtData is right on regarding how to proceed.
    Depending on your CD burning program, you may still find a way to rip your tracks directly to the burner program along the lines of the secind method I proposed, but you would have to consult that burner program as to whether this is possible and for any "How To" help.

Best wishes,
    Bill

Thanks guys, so far I have figured out how to select one track from several and copy it to my hard drive with out copying all the tracks from one cd.

I appreciate the interest you have taken in giving me advice and instructions, this is a great board and excellent moderators.

I'm sure I will be back. :smile2: