title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

The file ... could not be opened

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Johann
    • Jul 2005

I have installed dbPower AMP Music Converter (Windows XP). I want to convert an mp2-file (recorded with a hauppauge DEC 3000) to wav. When clicking the Convert... button I get a window with the Message

Error whilst converting

Conversion with other tools like the winamp diskwriter plugin or Acoustica don't make any problems.

What's the mistake I'm making?

In Windows XP I'm logged in as a user with full administrative rights.
  • xoas
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2002

Re: The file ... could not be opened

What are the qualities of your mp2 files (channels, bitrates, frequency, bits)?
    Are you trying to convert to standard wav (uncompressed PCM, 16 bits, 44.1 k) or some other setting?

Best wishes,
    Bill

Comment

• LtData
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • May 2004

Download the latest dMC beta, as it has a better mp3/mp2 decoder.

Comment

• Johann
        • Jul 2005

Sorry but I can't tell about bitrates etc. since the hauppauge documentation is not very talkative about these points. But I can't imagine the values in question to be very extravagant, since neither the winamp diskwriter nor the Acoustica tool encounter any problems, and the resulting wav files are satisfactory. The settings of the wav files are standard (44,100 Hz - 16 bit - 2 channels).

The reason why I still want the dbpoweramp to work is that the winamp diskwriter is not very handy and Acoustica is not free.

Johann

Comment

• ChristinaS
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Apr 2004

Try a test conversion (no write). If ti doesn't work dMC cannot read the file.

If it works, then convert to PCM wav and use "as source" for all the settings and see what you get.

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

The latest Beta fixes mp2 file reading.
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>