title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Trouble Recording Song

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • adammc80
    • Jul 2005

Trouble Recording Song

I am trying to record a song off the internet, but I don't know what I'm doing. I open the program, click record and start playing the song through windows media player. But it doesn't work. There is no sound when I play it back. I have tried everything. Can someone please help? :blush:
  • ChristinaS
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2004

Re: Trouble Recording Song

Are you using dMC Auxiliary Input?

Did you follow the instructions in the FAQ on how to set the volume controls for recording? And all the other steps involved?

Comment

• adammc80
      • Jul 2005

I did but I'm still lost. I followed all of the directions and it still just records silence. I tried changing the volume settings but none of them work. The stereo mix selection just makes it get really loud and messes up and so does the mono mix, even when I turn them down. The line-in selection doesn't do anything and neither do the rest of them.
      Last edited by adammc80; 07-21-2005, 12:00 AM.

Comment

• ChristinaS
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Apr 2004

Is all the audio from your PC going through your sound card? Is it a regular sort of soundcard?

Then you must enable the proper input source which should be Stereo Mix (or What U hear). Volume slider 1/2 way up for this, nothing else selected.

Make sure you are not looking at Playback volume controls. It has to be Recording Volume controls.

In dMC Auxiliary Input, if you have the PowerPack, click on the rocket and disable "Output recorded audio" if you find there is a booming noise while recording.

Has teh file been recorded at the end of the session? What size, duration does the pop-up window say it has?

Also what are you recording to? wav? some other format? what did you specify for it? format, bits, bitrate, frequency, channels.

Are you using any DSP effects? You see that in dMC Auxiliary Input when you click on the little arrow to the right of the Record button and select Record with options. Then you have the regular dMC converter window, and click on DSP effects. Delete all of them. These are best applied after you have recorded, when you can better control everything.

Comment

• adammc80
          • Jul 2005

I figured it out, I am using intel integrated audio and I didn't have that selected. But, even with the stereo mix volume almost all the way down, the recording meter thing goes in the red a lot. I guess I'll have to figit with it a little. If I have more problems I'll be back :p

Comment

• ChristinaS
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Apr 2004

Going in the red and staying in the red are different things. I would worry if it stays up in the red a lot. It should oscillate with occasional brief incursions into orange or red, but no stay up in the red all the time, then it will clip.

Comment

Working...

]]>