title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Why is PowerPack/Sveta registration so weird?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MrVideo
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Sep 2004

Why is PowerPack/Sveta registration so weird?

Every other software package that I have ordered uses a sane way of turning a trial version into a registered version. That method results in a user being sent a registration code that is entered into a registration page in the software. That means it could be a beta version, whatever.

With illustrate products, one has to download a registration version and install it and then reinstall any newer beta versions, yuch.

What is worse, is that Sveta is being sold with powerpack for $29US and not being delivered. That could very well be against the law. Taking money for services not provided is illegal.

If a registration number were issued for each product, then it would work with any of the released versions.

My guess is that the method being used is to try and stop pirating of the product. Fine and dandy. But when legit customers are screwed in the process, that is not good. The current method has backfired, since customers are not able to get what they have paid for, me being one of them.

LtData pointed out in another thread that Sveta is part of the dMC-10.1 release, which is no longer available, being replaced with the dMC-11 registered release. To not have a Sveta registered release available is not good.

Plus, when purchasing the combo $29 package, there is NOTHING to warn the customer that s/he will not get Sveta, nor is the customer told when.

Update:

Based upon this posting by Spoon, that I stumbled upon, http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showpost...44&postcount=6 I took the release 4 version of Sveta and installed it. I then reinstalled dMC-11.5rc2. Sveta now shows up in the list of installed products, but there is no indication that it is registered.
    Last edited by MrVideo; 07-17-2005, 06:05 AM. Reason: Updated info
  • Wayne
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Aug 2002

Re: Why is PowerPack/Sveta registration so weird?

I think you'll find that up to version 4 of Sveta having a registered version of the powerpack results in your having a registered version of Sveta.

However I think Spoon is planning on changing this and making Sveta registration independent of the powerpack.

Can you explain how/why you have been unable to obtain the registered version of Sveta? Which version of Sveta were you trying to obtain?

Wayne

Comment

• LtData
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • May 2004

Re: Why is PowerPack/Sveta registration so weird?

Answered here: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=8338

Also, Spoon's post regarding registering Sveta was back when Sveta was included with the PowerPack, and would therefore make Sveta registered. Since then, the PowerPack and Sveta have been split.

Comment

Working...

]]>