title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: DMC Writer Crashing

Administrator

Re: DMC Writer Crashing

>files to same burn settings

That is [send as is]?

That is correct, burning at same settings as file source all at 320

Are you using the Smart button in dCW? This will avoid conversions of files and they'll be copied as is.

I have not given up on this. I have found a means to replicate a crash on a fairly consistent basis but I have not yet been able to determine much as to what factors might be at play. But to help determine whether the crashes I am seeing are similar to ^shyone's, and to help determine which factors may be at work, I would like to ask the following regarding ^shyone's crashes:
    Do these crashes ever occur in the middle of a batch of conversions or only at the end?
    Within a batch, do these crashes ever seem to occur at the beginning or middle of a single file conversion or only at or toward the end?
    Are you using the default file structure (single folder artist-track)?
    Do you have files in your conversions that feature alternate upper/lower case attributes(e.g. Duke Ellington and duke ellington)?
    If you were to convert say 100 tracks at once, would you still crash at around 70? Would you still crash near 100?
    Ditto for a disc or more worth of tracks at once.

Will post more once I am more certain of what parameters seem to contribute.

Best wishes,
    Bill

dBpoweramp Guru

I have had this happen several times and there is no set of conditions that i
    can find to make this happen.. The number of songs does not make any
    difference as far as i can tell (happened on 17 songs, 50 songs 99 songs).

All the music is MP3 @192/44000 so i dont think its the music. More like a wild
    random bit was loose in the program and every now and then, it would
    perform the "Add All" function again......

:confused:

savagcl

dBpoweramp Guru

I have had this happen several times and there is no set of conditions that i
    can find to make this happen.. The number of songs does not make any
    difference as far as i can tell (happened on 17 songs, 50 songs 99 songs).

All the music is MP3 @192/44000 so i dont think its the music. More like a wild
    random bit was loose in the program and every now and then, it would
    perform the "Add All" function again......

:confused:

savagcl

This all sounds like the same error I was getting while running the demo; crash at ~*70 & duplicate files (I only got one duplicate for each small batch added). Some of this is discuess in my thread "CD space error, crashing during relisting". I was adding & converting in a similar way to ^shyone, except the source was WMA lossless A(16b/44.1k/2ch) to the default MP3 @ 192kbps. My batches were each added one small group at a time from the same folder, using the << button, and the crash & duplication would come at the end of conversion of the last file of each batch, after the converter paused ever so briefly at 99%. Can't say about larger batch conversions, as the demo has ended and I did not buy (still considering, watching if this gets fixed), but I tried one long playlist-based conversion WMA=>MP3 that went without a hitch, with the files residing in multiple places and a few files being MP3 already. Hope that helps!

Administrator

Might just help.

Similar problem with crashes & "auto-duplicating" of file sets. I have already uninstalled & reinstalled the CDwriter twice--I figured I messed up a setting. I just tried to duplicate the error:

selected 8 files as a block to add using the "<<" button. Appeared to work fine, then 2 of 8 files appeared in left screen with only 0.10 length (should have been 3-4 minute length).

Then got Application Error that stated: the instruction "0x0040ea12" referenced memory at "0x000000000". The memory could not be "written". The dialog allowed for "OK" and "Cancel to Debug" Chose Debug---crashed to desktop.

Initialized program again and all 8 files were listed, but all at 0.10 length--not the 3-5 minutes they actually are. Cleared CD & tried again loading a single track at a time--same result.

Note: Nero/Roxio/ and HP Burning software work fine----But i want to use DB!!!!

Specs: AMD Athalon 2600/512 Ram/WinXP fully updated.

This is a great program, but have had this problem for a month at least and can not figure it out. Perhaps a "full uninstall"???(i.e. editing registry/etc.?)

Thanks in advance for your help.

Administrator

In the folder where the cd tempory files are written delete all the files (alltracks.bin and any wav files). The folder is called TempCreateCD in the root of your biggest drive.

Thanks Spoon--that file is now empty. Unfortunately the problem still exists. I just tried it again.

Any further suggestions?

Thanks again for your help.

Administrator

When you clear the folder ans start cd writer it still shows tracks?

Sorry for the delay--was on vacation.

Yes, after a crash to desktop with the error message noted previously, DB Writer starts with a listing of the tracks loaded----only with incorrect size/length. Very odd, huh?

Since I purchased the full PowerPack I have no problem uninstalling & reinstalling again (Microsoft has gotten me used to that). So let me lay this on the table: If I uninstall all DB related programs (Writer, converter, and Audio input) will ALL DB related files be deleated? I ask this becasue I know that some programs get way into the registry (i.e. McAfee, Norton, etc.) and need a manual unistall. In any event, would this uninstall allow for a "clean" install of the DB Powerpack?

Secondly: I recall reading that the demo's of the related programs need to be installed first, THEN the registered programs are installed "over" them. Is this accurate? Or do I just download a "fresh" copy of my registered software?

Any thoughts on these courses of action? Thanks in advance for your help. Feel free to ask me for amy specs you might want/need.

See total uninstall here: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=6828

And no, if you have a registered version, install that instead of the demo as long as they are the same version.

Real good! Thanks LT. I think this will clear up the issue on two levels: first, potential registry problems and second, demo versions/registered versions/and mixed entries...thanks in advance for your help.