title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Beta: [Multi-Encoder] utility Codec

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Beta: [Multi-Encoder] utility Codec

This codec allows dMC to encode to 2 formats at the same time, for example rip a cd to mp3 and ogg vorbis, even different 2x mp3 files with different bitrates (the filename can be appended to so that each file would have a unique filename).

Download: http://www.dbpoweramp.com/beta/dBpow...ti-encoder.exe

158KB

Still to do:

Help file,
    Multi-processor encoder, both of single (ie all to mp3) and multi encodings (ie to mp3 + ogg).
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com
  • ChristinaS
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2004

Re: Beta: [Multi-Encoder] utility Codec

He-he! Indeed you still have to do the Help file - especially since right now it points to the help file for Edit Tags :D

Comment

• GSV3MiaC
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Jun 2005

Originally posted by Spoon
      This codec allows dMC to encode to 2 formats at the same time, for example rip a cd to mp3 and ogg vorbis, even different 2x mp3 files with different bitrates (the filename can be appended to so that each file would have a unique filename).
      Sounds cute, but does it add the track to the music collection two times? I'd really love to have one music collecltion entry with multiple pointers to different places (CD original, high quality archive, and 1 or more compressed-for-use-on-portable-player versions). But I want all the tags, preference, and suchlike data to be the same (and be kept the same) for all of them!
      Last edited by GSV3MiaC; 07-09-2005, 10:54 PM.

Comment

• xoas
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Apr 2002

I'd really love to have one music collecltion entry with multiple pointers to different places (CD original, high quality archive, and 1 or more compressed-for-use-on-portable-player versions). But I want all the tags, preference, and suchlike data to be the same (and be kept the same) for all of them!
        It looks like this codec will allow you to do just this. At least with respect to sending different file types to different locations and keeping the id tags the same. MMC preference data is non-transferable however. This is true even with simple conversions.

Best wishes,
        Bill

Comment

• LtData
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • May 2004

Sounds neat. However, is it only mp3 and ogg, or any formats we have codecs for?

Also, is there anyway we could put the different files into different folders? As I have one folder for lossless and one for lossy (ogg).

Comment

• xoas
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Apr 2002

It looks like this will work for any formats you have dB codecs for.
            Yes, you can set it to put different file types into different folders, even in different locations.
            Best wishes,
            Bill

Comment

• Spoon
              Administrator
              • Apr 2002

Yes in the before filename box type:

folder name\

> I'd really love to have one music collecltion entry with multiple pointers to different place

Use the above to put in different locations and use dAPs 'New Track' lookout to pickup from one folder.
              Spoon
              www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• GSV3MiaC
                dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                • Jun 2005

Originally posted by Spoon
                Yes in the before filename box type:

folder name\

> I'd really love to have one music collecltion entry with multiple pointers to different place

Use the above to put in different locations and use dAPs 'New Track' lookout to pickup from one folder.
                Yes, but then I only have ONE pointer, don't I, to one of the copies? What I'm (still) trying to do is too have one master library entry which stores all the preferences, and where I do all the track name and artist edits, but then (having selected a bunch of tracks based on some criteria) tell it 'send a selection of these tracks to the portable MP3 player, but please take them from "<elsewhere>" where they already exist down-converted to 48kbs (or whatever).

Comment

• LtData
                  dBpoweramp Guru
                  • May 2004

Oh my dear heavens.. I just used this codec for the first time, and all I can say is..
                  Spoon, your my hero!
                  I can now rip a CD to ape and ogg in 6 minutes. Before, it took about 5 minutes for each encoding.
                  Thanks a million, Spoon!

Comment

• milfzor
                    • Dec 2004

I havent used this YET...but its an awesome idea, i can do my lossless archive and my wma rip for my car stereo at the same time...you rock man, im gonna give it a run within the next day or two probably, but if its as cool as it sounds, im gonna be using it to back up EVERY cd i have most likely. :komisch12

EDIT: update, i did give this one a whirl, and i DID find a slight problem with it, it doesnt appearently take too well to the command line codecs...i tried running it with the generic CLI codec that i used for compressing music to .la format, and it gives me an error that says something like this..... "Unable to open codec" other than that, though, i ran it...just for the sake of testing it out and compressed a cd to both .ape and .flac then deleted them both since i didnt really need either of them...but awesome work on this one...took 6 min to compress to BOTH using standard preset settings on both codecs.
                    Last edited by milfzor; 10-03-2005, 05:20 AM.

Comment

• ChristinaS
                      dBpoweramp Guru
                      • Apr 2004

Hmmm, I just installed this multi-encoder and the installation gave an error, which is probably not critical as it seems to point to a help file, possibly not found (I didn't check to see if that's what it really is).

Comment

• xoas
                        dBpoweramp Guru
                        • Apr 2002

Odd because the Help file referenced is Update Tag and further because I don't find a help file for the Multi-Encoder utility Codec beta.

Best wishes,
                        Bill

Comment

• ChristinaS
                          dBpoweramp Guru
                          • Apr 2004

He-he! That's because a bug is in the installer for the multi encoder.

It points to the wrong help file: for the ID Tag Update utility codec.

Since I didn't have it already installed, it gave me that error.

I went and installed this other utility codec and then again the multi encoder and no error this time. But of course the help file shown after the installation is over is for the ID Tag Update codec, not the multi-encoder - which has no help file available yet.

Comment

• Spoon
                            Administrator
                            • Apr 2002

Thanks, it was pointing to the wrong help (there isn't one yet for multi-encoder).
                            Spoon
                            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• milfzor
                              • Dec 2004

yea, i forgot to mention besides the generic CLI not working properly, it did do that to me as well, i just closed that screen out and all was well and good...but great job with the util.

Comment

Working...

]]>