title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Adding Registry files and icons in Spoon

Lightbulb Adding Registry files and icons in Spoon

I'm using Spoon Installer V 11.0 to create an installation project, and have some questions:

When adding icons, my shortcut is to a batch file, .bat how can I go about changing the default icon for the batch file to my custom .ico file?

I'd like to add some regsitry files that are already created and exist in the .reg format, how can I go about including those registry entries in my project?

Thanks!!!

Re: Adding Registry files and icons in Spoon

Make a shortcut to the batch file and then right click the shortcut and use Change Icon for it. Browse until you find the icon file you want to use.

In the spoon developer under icons I'll point to the shortcut instead of the batch file, let me see how that works. Thanks!!!

Also is there someway of specifying the shortcut to be located in the 'all users' profile rather than just the user installing the application.

Any ideas on how to include the infromation from my .reg files into the project, in options of the spoon developer all I see is the option to manually add each and every reg entry.

For the registry part, you simply add a line to your batch file pointing to the .reg file. The line is "REGEDIT /s <path>" without quotes.
    And you can put a line in the batch file copying your shortcuts to the "All Users" start menu, but I don't know how to do this via the installer.