title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Irrelevant chit-chat: How to catch and lose a mouse

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ChristinaS
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2004

Irrelevant chit-chat: How to catch and lose a mouse

Had a spot of excitement tonight.

Husband called out to come quick and help ... catch a mouse!

It appears our cat caught a little mouse outside, brought it into the house and was playing with it. The mouse didn't like the game. My husband happened upon this scene and decided to catch the mouse himself and get rid of it somehow (I hope to the great outdoors, but maybe he had other plans of a less benevolent nature).

Naturally the mouse ran away to hide behind the living room wall unit. He's faster than my husband. And smaller and more nimble.

Which is the point at which I was summoned. 2 adults, one teenager and a cat looking for a tiny scared mouse.

We pulled the wall unit a bit away from the wall and there was the itsy bitsy mouse, scared, tangled in the mess of wires from sound system and wall unit lights.

We quite felt he was trapped and could go nowhere but out into our open arms ... errr... towel tented on the floor ready to catch him.

Flashlight shining right on him, his little eyes shining scared.... he's got no place to hide... and then poof! He's gone. Vanished.

We pulled the wall unit completely out, inspected everything, wall, floor, baseboards, outlets, back of wall unit. No hidey hole. Nothing.

Hurrah for one little mouse, he's got one more day to live. Husband fit to be tied though! Son laughing his head off. Me, feeling sorry for the little fella and his eventual fate. His fur had a lovely sheen. I looked him right in the eyes! I couldn't wish him dead! Out of the house, yes, but not dead! A living mouse is cuter than a dead mouse.

Anyway, big mystery where he disappeared. Cat is very nonchalant about it. He lost interest as soon as the mouse vanished. Stupid cat!

Daughter just came home, fierce, black belt champion karateka that she is, screaming hysterically that the mouse is sure to be wherever she may go herself, most probably in her bed, or maybe in her shoes....or in the fridge.... of course, she never did look him in the eyes like I did.

So off I go tomorrow to buy mouse traps.
  • neilthecellist
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Dec 2004

Re: Irrelevant chit-chat: How to catch and lose a mouse

Heh. Are you trying to catch the mouse alive? Or do you just want to get rid of it ASAP?

Comment

• ChristinaS
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Apr 2004

I actually don't even care to catch the little thing. Don't want to catch it in something that kills it - would prefer if the cat did his job properly. Failing that if the mouse wanted to just get the heck out, I'd be more than happy to show it the door :D

Didn't do anything mouse-wise today, instead I bought and planted flowers - much more pleasurable activity than mouse-chasing

Comment

• neilthecellist
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Dec 2004

lol. Boys like me, at my age group, 15-18, would LOVE to catch mice. Men love fast moving things. (stereotype)

Comment

• ChristinaS
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Apr 2004

Originally posted by neilthecellist
          lol. Boys like me, at my age group, 15-18, would LOVE to catch mice. Men love fast moving things. (stereotype)
          LOL! Men? perhaps perpetual adolescents....

You are more than welcome to try and cath this mouse if you want. Just catch an early flight out to Montreal first :D

Comment

• LtData
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • May 2004

"Boys and their toys." "Boys never grow out of toys. They just get bigger and more expensive." Computer geeks, anyone? We start on the light stuff, in my case Leggo's and reading. Then we move to the harder stuff, in my case computers. Then we are hooked. We have to constantly be on our computers, tweaking this, adjusting that, changing something else. Oh, and throw computer games in there and perpetual upgrades and voila!

Comment

• neilthecellist
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • Dec 2004

Yep, that's me, LtData!

Comment

• ChristinaS
                dBpoweramp Guru
                • Apr 2004

Neil, when are you going to actually put something on your web page?

You need to make a file called index.html and upload to the web space - this will replace the page currently displayed - which in fact tells you the same thing :D

Use Google to find tutorials on writing web pages.

http://htmlgoodies.com is a good place to start.

Comment

Working...

]]>