title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

dBpowerAMP Audio Player R2 Beta 8

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

dBpowerAMP Audio Player R2 Beta 8

The next installment of dAP - comes with CD Audio capabilities and Ogg as standard. The CD works like this - if .CDA files are associated with dAP and an audio disc is inserted, dAP should play it (and go in the internet to get the artist etc).

1.8MB

==========r2 Changes===========
    Version Highlights: Compatible with keyboard Play, Stop, etc buttons. Fully customisable keyboard control, both locally and globally (from other programs). Plays Audio CDs. My Music Collection automatically links into the MusicMoz database!

Fully cusomizable keyboard control (including control from other applications) of dAP - Start >> Programs >> dBpowerAMP >> Configuration >> Keyboard Control

Ogg Vorbis included as standard

Fully Audio CD Compatible - dAP can be configured through 'dAP Install Options' to automatically play an audio CD and fetch the deatils of said CD from freedb.

Amp - Increased Popup info time for Amp Playing labels to 2 seconds
    Amp - Open button sorts the list of files adding so they are played in order
    Amp - can now pass filenames on command line to amp.exe and they will play
    Amp - Default Skin - Artist, Track and Album are now Bold

dAP Config - when associating dAP with cda files dAP is audio set to active CD Playing program.

Added WM_APPCOMMAND which means those Play, Stop Pause buttons on your keyboard should work (Windows NT/2000/XP only)
    MMC - Added a 'Selected Tracks' button at the top
    MMC - New option (on track right click >> advanced) to 'Rewrite ID Tag, writes information held in dAP over the ID tag in files)
    MMC - New option (on track right click >> advanced) to open explorer at the track location
    MMC - Remembers column sizes
    MMC - When creating a playlist for selected tracks - mouse is changed to hour glass
    MMC - New Forum 'Music Collection >> Preferences'
    MMC - Preferences - Option to switch off popup info tips
    MMC - When add new music, the music is included/excluded to active play control
    MMC - Column sorts like Windows Explorer
    MMC - added smart 2nd sorting (click on Album to see in action) also an option to sort 2ndary on your choice
    MMC - Column order can be set and columns switched off in Collection >> Preferences
    MMC - if right click on track and has an album name - gives the option to PLAY ALBUM
    MMC - When selective play is active, shows how many tracks are included in selective play
    Amp - made the random selector, more random (Thanks dsieber)
    MMC - If right click on a single track then shows 'View MusicMoz web page'
    MMC - 'Refresh from Tag' also refreshs file info such as bitrate, size
    MMC - if is already shown and click mmc on amp then switches to existing
    MMC - when is clicked on AMP or Menu then does not remember the minimise setting
    MMC - Displays selective play name at the top
    MMC - If cannot save music collection - shows a message and asks to retry

Right Click on Folder >> Play/Enque - will now recurse and search sub-folders too if option on MMC Pref page is set
    Playlist Editor - if drop a playlist on to the editor it is now edited
    Playlist Editor - Displays artist in bold
    Playlist Editor - Shows Hourglass when adding lots of tracks
    Playlist Editor - Auto track number position routine improved

Previously Played - Artist now shown in bold

Menu - Skins - Alphabetically sorts skin list

BUG Fix - If a skin is set to Top most and a sub skin wasn't, dAP will now display them
    BUG Fix - If slide out the 'Mini On Screen Control' then close it, the slide out bit used to stay on the screen
    BUG Fix - For MMC - right click 'Edit Tag' >> Details, now has a vertical scrollbar
    BUG FIX - MMC - will now load after amp has exited (previously it would flicker on the screen and unload)
    BUG FIX - MMC - Speeded up track list drawing, also fixed a drawing bug
    Bug Fix - Stopped the 'New Track Lookup' whilst editing tags
    Bug Fix - Popup InfoTip - for large playlists, only first 50 entries are looked at
    Bug Fix - Playlist & Previously played, switched font to a multilingual one - also changed icons
    bug fix - m3u Playlists in Unix style can now be edited
    bug fix - hidden skin objects (Font, Image and Eq Positions) stopped the main window from dragging if clicked in them
    Bug Fix - Tooltips no longer get in the way when a button is right at the top of the screen
    Bug Fix - ZOrder works again (should)
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com
  • Lithp
    • Jun 2002

WOW !
    That is a huge list of enhancements! Thank you very much for your hard work Spoon!!

Comment

• totalXSive
      dBpoweramp Enthusiast
      • Apr 2002

The CD support is a nice addition . However, it might be worth mentioning in the user guide that crossfading needs to be turned off...

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

What happens if it is on?
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• Razgo
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

no EQ fix this time?

Comment

• totalXSive
            dBpoweramp Enthusiast
            • Apr 2002

Well, crossfading is fine if your fading between a music file and a CD track, but not between two CD tracks - the audio becomes jumpy.

Comment

• ddominey86
              • Aug 2002

RELEASE DBPOWERAMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

just release the god damn program.

it has said it was going to be released in 1 month on the download page for about 4 months now:vmad: :vmad: :vmad: :vmad: :vmad: :vmad: :vmad: :vmad:

Comment

• hiperpinguino
                • May 2002

Version 1 has already been released. Shouldn't that be enough? Since you're in the beta forum, it's not as if you seem to have any difficulty getting new versions of the program. At least this way when v2 is officially released, it won't come out all buggy and looking like crap. Those that want a program that works perfectly from the moment they get it can download the release; those interested in testing new features can try it here. Or, at least, in the 2 years (or at least ever since Shuffler III, and yes, I don't post much :smile: ) I've been coming here, that's the way it's worked.

As for the new release, I'm downloading it as we speak. Thanks for adding the CD play option, although I'm still waiting for a way to choose file types in selective play :smile: - keep up the great work.

Comment

• Lithp
                  • Jun 2002

????
                  ddominey86 Are you Crazy??
                  This is probably the best player you can get. It already kicks ass.Iit puts all other players to shame. It's free. What more do you want?
                  Why don't you stick with Windows media player or Real One player?
                  Give the guy a break man. He is working his ass off to refine his work and your bitching.
                  Mellow out.

Comment

• ddominey86
                    • Aug 2002

but its taking so looooooooooooooooooooong.

why not realease a bug free version without all new features than when you get all new features worked out and bug free, release a 3rd version

Comment

• hiperpinguino
                      • May 2002

You know, you ARE in the Beta Test forum- maybe if you stopped being such an ass for a second, you might try downloading the new beta and realize that it practically IS bug-free. I can't remember the last time DAP has crashed for me. DMC, yes. But DAP, no.

Comment

• garcimore
                        • Aug 2002

Anyone can me explain that :

MMC - Column sorts like Windows Explorer

I believed all multimedia files arange in folder like that :

Artist01
                        __+--Album01
                        ____+--Track01
                        ____+--Track02
                        ____+--TrackXX
                        __+--Album02
                        __+--AlbumXX
                        Artist02
                        ArtistXX

Thanks a lot !

And great job for this beta release !!!
                        And thanks for all dbPowerAMP stuff !!!
                        Last edited by garcimore; 09-01-2002, 08:22 PM.

Comment

• Narler
                          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                          • Apr 2002

Bug Fix - ZOrder works again (should)
                          This has me a little confused?. If you have my Narler-X skin installed spoon, you will see what I mean. (Razgo alerted me to this).

I have the <ISAMPWINDOW> skin set to Z-Order 1 (in skin designer this is skin1), I have the EQ Skin (in skin designer this is skin2) also set to Z-Order 1 and lastly i have the info skin (in skin designer this is skin3) once again set to Z-Order 1.

Now what I would do is make tabs that appear on the right hand side of the player, so if you need to access the EQ, you just click on that tab and the EQ skin now has the focus and you can adjust the EQ settings. Now if you click anywhere on the main skin, the main skin takes focus. This was also true for the Info tab.

However with the introduction of this beta release, skins of equal Z-Order, or for that matter the selected skin, does not take focus?. Now in Narler's X if you click on the EQ or Info tabs, you briefly see that skin flash, and then the main skin is replaced again?.. even though they are all of equal Z-Order?.. If i go into skin designer and set skin1 (which is <isampwindow>) to Z-Order 2, then the EQ skin, when opened remains ontop, even when the main skin is selected?..

Did you ever use that Z-Order test skin I made? I made a post about it ages ago. If you don't have it you can grab it from HERE.

This is the previous post

If you get a chance, can you load Narler's Xs skin and see what I mean?

I have 2 questions :

A) Previously the selected skin would Take focus. What has changed this?

B) Why is it when the main skin and other skins of equal Z-Order number, the main skin retains focus?

Comment

• Spoon
                            Administrator
                            • Apr 2002

Looks like I still have more work to do.
                            Spoon
                            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• BestRip
                              dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                              • Jun 2002

Hi Spoon and Narler,

This topic is of great concern to me too.
                              I would think it is primarily a question of definition, I mean that it needs to be clearly and without any possibility of misinterpretation defined, not as now, we assume that ZOrder means this or that but someone else may have an entirely different idea on what it means.
                              I for example would never have thought that it should be possible to use the same ZOrder for 2 different skins and then that the loading order should take precedence on showing the "correct" skin. It is a very important point to define this as a first action I believe, how should it ever become programmable if not dead clearly defined first.
                              So now you say well what is your definition.... but sorry, I've tried but it seems to be a little too complicated to get a good grasp of, I haven’t given up totally on it yet.

I have a few observations on the way it is currently working.
                              1. To have a skin part that wants to disappear not doing that it is possible to mount another skin part on that disappearing skin and giving that the same active while "USER..." command. Having 2 skin parts being called seem to keep it more in place.
                              2. These problems are more related to the "isMainAMP" than the USER defined ones. I guess it has some to do with that if you have accessed another program and go back to dBpowerAMP, it wants to show who is amp...?

So Spoon, this nightmare I leave up to you, but you have all my sympathies and best good luck wishes. (We need it!):supersmil

BestRip
                              Last edited by BestRip; 09-17-2002, 05:16 PM.

Comment

Working...

]]>