title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

FLAC tag problem

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • majnun70
    • Jun 2005

FLAC tag problem

I ripped hundreds of CDs into FLAC without any problems using the free trial. After the 30 days, I paid for the registration and installed the registered version of dMC (latest release 11 and latest FLAC codec). Immediately upon installation (using the registered version) problems arose.

Most importantly, it's not tagging properly. It tags the first track but fails to do so for the remaining tracks. Secondly, when it finishes the last track, it displays an error message:

"The instruction at "0x77f57ec4" referenced memory at "0x73656e64". The memory could not be "written". Click on OK to terminate the program."

I've tried reinstalling without success and am growing frustrated, especially after having purchased the licensed version. I would appreciate any help.

(I believe another user had the exact same problem in the recent past.)
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: FLAC tag problem

Try using the latest dMC beta, mabye. Just install the beta over-top of your registered version to keep your registered status.

Comment

• majnun70
      • Jun 2005

Originally posted by LtData
      Try using the latest dMC beta, mabye. Just install the beta over-top of your registered version to keep your registered status.
      A little better. I no longer get the error message and the second track was tagged properly, but no more. (It also stopped ripping on track 8 or 12, which is a new problem).

Thanks.

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

Is is reproducable?
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• majnun70
          • Jun 2005

Originally posted by Spoon
          Is is reproducable?
          I unfortunately don't have the time to play around with it any further, but I did switch from the default Vorbis tagging to ID3v1 and it appears to work. Hopefully, my SlimServer will read it without any problems.

If anyone else is having the same issue, I would recommend trying alternate tagging schemes.

Comment

Working...

]]>