title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Missing "SampleGrabber"

Re: Missing "SampleGrabber"

Thanks, already did that and associated both with "mplayer2", which is Windows Media Player and they work fine. I have not reinstalled Real Alternative. My Real Player was uninstalled during the install of Real Alternative.

If you think that it's worth a shot, I can uninstall and reinstall Real Alternative.

Thanks again.

Administrator

Install DirectX v9

That was my next guess of what needed to be done. Here's a link for DirectX 9.0c, the latest version: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...displaylang=en

Well, I may have gone from the frying pan into the fire. I installed DirectX 9.0c using the link that you provided. Current status:

-I no longer get the message about not finding SampleGrabber when I start a conversion. However, I now get the following message:

-"The CODEC required to decompress 'C:\Audio\filename.ra' could not be opened. DirectShow filter for '.ra' not installed, or Audio File Corrupt."

- I do have .ra and .rm defined in DirectShow. They also are on the line "DirectShow Decoder" under "Installed Input Codecs (Read)" in the dMC Configuration.

-The files were not corrupt and played before the install of the DirectX 9.0c. But now, Windows Media Player is not working. When I try to play a song with WMP, I get the following message:

"Microsoft NetShow(TM) Player with RealVideo(R) Decoder was not initialized before attempting to use it. (Error=80004005) Cannot open 'C:\Audio\Filename.ra'. Please verify that the path and filename are correct and try again."

-I also have Real JukeBox installed. This also functioned before the install. Now I get the following message attempting to start Real Jukebox:

"A required .DLL file, PNCRT.DLL, was not found".

Things have gone from bad to worse. Any suggestions at this point? The Microsoft documentation indicated that the DirectX 9.0c install is not reversible.

Thanks in advance for any assistance and suggestions.
    Elbee

Did you reboot?

Uninstall Real Alternative, reboot, reinstall, reboot, configure DirectShow Decoder again.

Forgot one other problem after the DirectX 9.0c install. When I use Windows Explorer and right click on the file name, I no longer get the "Open" option. The options now start with "Convert To" which I believe is a result of the dbPowerAmp install. Nothing happens on a double left click on the file name. This is ONLY for .ra and .rm files. All other .XX files act normally.

Elbee

See if the problem still exists after following what my previous post says.

Appreciate all the feedback.

After following your suggestions, all the problems noted in my two previous postings have gone. All appears to be back to normal.

However, when trying to do a convert, I am back to the original problem, that is, I get the message:

"The CODEC required to decompress 'C:\Audio\Filename.ra' could not be opened. Unable to insert SampleGrabber."

So I am basically back at square one as far as converting .ra and .rm files. Any other suggestions? Again, I thank you for your assistance.

How about installing Real Player? The SampleGraber bit somehow is more related to Real Player than Real Alternative from what I've seen.

Also it comes up a lot in relation to video. Is your file a video?
    Last edited by ChristinaS; 06-12-2005 at 12:22 PM.

They are all audio files. Guess that I can install Real Player. Thanks.

Installed Real Player 8. Had to use that version because I'm running Win 98. It may have messed up Real Jukebox, but I can live with that. Unfortunately, the Real Player install had no effect on the converter. Still getting the "The CODEC required to decompress 'C:\Audio\Filename.ra' could not be opened. Unable to insert SampleGrabber" message.

I'm at a loss. Is there anything else to try?

Thanks.

Yes, there is an old Real decoder: http://www.dbpoweramp.com/codecs/dBp...P-codec-ra.exe
    However, it works in real-time, so your 5 minute songs will take 5 minutes to convert.

Any other suggestions for this current situation? I seem to be so close.....

A real time converter would be a totally last resort.

Administrator

SampleGrabber should be a standard part of DirectX, I am thinking that Microsoft does not support Win98 anymore.