title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Browser Poll

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Browser Poll

Just wondering what browser everyone uses for day-to-day browsing.
    Internet Explorer
    10.17%
    Mozilla-based (Firefox, Camino, etc.)
    56.78%
    Opera
    27.12%
    IE-based (Avant, MyIE2, etc)
    5.08%
    Other
    0.85%
  • ChristinaS
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2004

Re: Browser Poll

I am a Microsoft follower for very many reasons I'd best not go into right here. I use IE for everything. The only time I use other browsers is when I check my own web pages to see how they might appear to the infidels :D

I usually precede any reference I make to Firefox, Netscape and Opera by a string of unprintable, un-lady-like obscenities :D

Comment

• neilthecellist
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Dec 2004

Firefox for me. Using proxy pipelining settings maxed out to around 10000, I get EXTREMELY fast HTML page load speeds at school.

Comment

• iTunesIsEvil
        dBpoweramp Enthusiast
        • Dec 2004

Firefox 1.0.4

Originally posted by neilthecellist
        I get EXTREMELY fast HTML page load speeds at school.
        I'm sure that has more to do with the probably 15+ meg pipe your school has. If I had a 15 meg pipe I'd sure as heck be getting some extremely fast speeds. One of the schools that my company works with has a T3 line (44.7Mbps). <drool>

Comment

• Razgo
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

opera does it for me
          but i still use firefox for banking as opera doesn't always play properly when i bank online for some reason.

Comment

• LtData
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • May 2004

iTunesIsEvil:
            I'm sure it has to deal with neil nearly DoS'ing the server. Dear heavens, neil. The recommended number is TWENTY!
            Oh.. I forgot to mention: Firefox here too. Have been since Firebird 0.7 or so, IIRC. Before that I used the Mozilla suite.

Edit: DoS = Denial of Service. A DoS attack is where a computer floods a server with so much traffic the server cannot respond to any traffic and starts rejecting everything and basically appearing to be offline.
            Last edited by LtData; 06-10-2005, 05:39 AM.

Comment

• neilthecellist
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • Dec 2004

LtData, what's wrong if I set network.http.pipelining.maxrequests to 10000000? The school doesn't care...

Oh yeah, I just got out of school, by the way. No more fast HTTP loads. :(

Comment

• LtData
                dBpoweramp Guru
                • May 2004

Becausing sending that many requests to a server is bad netiquette aka rude. Your sending however many requests for a page to a server and it is probably more than the server can handle. In fact, it may increase the time it takes for you to get the page.

Comment

• MrVideo
                  dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                  • Sep 2004

Originally posted by ChristinaS
                  I am a Microsoft follower for very many reasons I'd best not go into right here. I use IE for everything. The only time I use other browsers is when I check my own web pages to see how they might appear to the infidels :D

I usually precede any reference I make to Firefox, Netscape and Opera by a string of unprintable, un-lady-like obscenities :D
                  I hate to ask, but do you bleet like the rest of the sheep that follow Gates over the MicroCrap cliff?

Comment

• LtData
                    dBpoweramp Guru
                    • May 2004

Originally posted by MrVideo
                    I hate to ask, but do you bleet like the rest of the sheep that follow Gates over the MicroCrap cliff?
                    Hey, that's mean. lol
                    She just uses IE cause she's a webmaster, so has to cater to the mainstream ignorant public that use whatever there machine came with.

Comment

• ChristinaS
                      dBpoweramp Guru
                      • Apr 2004

Thank you LtData. But let me put this gentleman back in his place.

I see no reason to repudiate the most popular software in the world, especially since I personally like it a lot more than any of the others.

I am not a rebellious anti-establishment youth who just wants to upturn the dynasty.

I also don't like tattoos, piercings, rap, goth or punk stuff..... I am demanding and expect accountability from those I deal with.

Want more?

Comment

• Spoon
                        Administrator
                        • Apr 2002

>mainstream ignorant public that use whatever there machine came with

That is also me then using IE...
                        Spoon
                        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• LtData
                          dBpoweramp Guru
                          • May 2004

Ok, rephrase:
                          There is a difference between using what you are given and not knowing about other options, and choosing to use what you are given.

Comment

• GSV3MiaC
                            dBpoweramp Enthusiast
                            • Jun 2005

Originally posted by ChristinaS
                            <Snip>
                            I see no reason to repudiate the most popular software in the world, especially since I personally like it a lot more than any of the others.
                            Did you try Firefox? Most of the time I can't tell the difference from IE6 anyway, and when I can Firefox does it better (multiple tabs; remembering login passwords for all these damn Bulletin boards that seem to have replaced Usenet. 8>.)

Of course you still need IE6 for some Microsoft Updates to work right. What a surprise.

I'm a bit surprised at the poll results so far, but then I guess people who were happy with IE would probably be using WMP10 and not DBPowerAmp. 8>.
                            Last edited by GSV3MiaC; 07-23-2005, 11:46 PM.

Comment

• ChristinaS
                              dBpoweramp Guru
                              • Apr 2004

LOL! What a question! Of course I have - and discarded it promptly.

I have IE 6, FF 1.06, Netscape 7.2 & Opera 8.01 . I use FF, Netscape & Opera only to test my web pages - For browsing I use IE - I really don't care for the others. The features everybody oohs and aahs over in FF for instance are useless to me (e.g tabbed browsing - a gimmick of no worth whatsoever to me). I like the look and feel of Microsoft products - or products designed to work with Microsoft standards. You can't beat them. I don't have to dig for hidden features like you have in FF (gawd, how long it took to find where the heck to make it not use the stupid cache!) .

Comment

Working...

]]>