title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

From Cassette Tape To Mp3 ???

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MAGICGARDEN
    • Jun 2005

From Cassette Tape To Mp3 ???

Hello Everybody....o.k. I Really Don't Know Nothing About Anything, It's All New To Me.. So Here We Go;

How Do I Convert An Old Cassette To An Mp3? I Went To Radio Shack And I Got A Plug That Plugs In From My Radio To The Computer. The Stage I'm At Now Is That What Is On My Cassette Tape Comes Out Of My Computer Speakers.

Where Do I Go From Here.

The Guy At The Radio Shack Told Me That What's On My Tape Will Automatically Be "a Wave" ? File And I Will Have To Convert It.

What Do I Do Now?

Thanks Much....
  • LtData
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • May 2004

Re: From Cassette Tape To Mp3 ???

Use Auxiliary Input to record the cassette tape as you play it. Just hook the wire to your cassette player and the other end to the "Line In" input on your computer. Auxiliary Input is included in Release 11. Instructions are here: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=7318

Comment

• ChristinaS
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Apr 2004

the program dMC Auxiliary Input (part of the dBpowerAMP installation) allows you to record audio that comes through your soundcard (thus through your PC speakers). Best you record to .wav and later you convert to a different type.

Instructions on how to use dMC Auxiliary Input are in the FAQ. Pay particular attention to selecting the correct input source and setting the Volume control correctly for that.

Comment

• MAGICGARDEN
        • Jun 2005

:komisch9: THANKS MUCH, AFTER MESSING AROUND FOR A WHILE I FINALLY GOT IT TO WORK-I DIDN'T REALLY HAVE TO MESS WITH THE VOLUME THING I JUST TURNED MY RADIO AT A GOOD LEVEL AND IT WORKED. I DIDN'T NEED SUPER SOUND. AS I GET MORE EXPERIENCED I CAN TRY THOSE THINGS.

QUESTION: IN MY MUSIC FILE SOME THINGS HAVE A LOGO NEXT TO IT THAT WHEN I RIGHT CLICK IT SHOWS PLAY; CONVERT TO ECT... SINCE I DOWNLOADED THE NEW STUFF HERE; BUT I HAVE SOME MUSIC WITH THE REAL PLAYER LOGO AND WHEN I RIGHT CLICK IT IS NOT THE SAME IT WILL NOT LET ME CONVERT IT TO MP3--WHAT AM I SUPPOSSED TO DO??? :vmad: :smile2: THANKS MUCH.....

Comment

• LtData
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • May 2004

You'll need to download codecs to convert other formats. See the Codec Central link above for dMC codecs.

Comment

Working...

]]>