title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

mulberry email client

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Razgo
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

mulberry email client

well i have switched email clients once again. it has been a forever search and trial and error trying dozens of different email apps. the biggest 2 problems is good filters and speed and IMAP features.

until now i have always relied on eudora, the bat!, thunderbird, sylpheed claws, and a few others.

what i have found is they all start to bog down once you get over the 10,000 email mark in any given mailbox. so i would always be archiving every 30,000 emails. things really would bog down at over 120,000 emails.

so what now?

Mulberry!!!! https://www.cyrusoft.com/index.html

for $35.00 i felt it was reasonably priced. i just did an IMAP connection and instantly downloaded 33,000 emails no probs. i can now load any email box with over 30,000 emails and load it instantly.

because i have no need to upgrade my laptop IBM P3 900Hz 256ram, i did not want to upgrade just for an email client. so far very happy with mulberry. if you have a lot of email i can recommend this one for speed.
  • neilthecellist
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Dec 2004

Re: mulberry email client

Gmail? I can send you an invite. Currently 2800 Megabytes free. Javascript required, very fast email provider. I mean, VERY fast.

EDIT: Oh and it's free too.

Comment

• ChristinaS
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Apr 2004

Gmail is not an email client. It's a webmail account that you access using your browser. An email client is a program like Outlook Express, which runs on your pc and allows you to access various email accounts. It so happens that Gmail may be accessed also as a pop mail account using any email client program. You cannot access a free yahoo account that way or recently acquired free Hotmail accounts either. They remain webmail acccounts.

Comment

• Razgo
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

yes that's the difference. i never use webmail accounts. i could never get used to it. even though i set up my email client to access webmail from my domian/s i would rather stick to an email client on my PC.

i guess i have been an avid email user now since 1992 and have accumalative quite a few hundred thousand emails although a lot is lost now due to PC crashes etc...

i even ran my own email list people would subscribe too. it was called "justlinks".

but thanks for the suggestion anyway.

Comment

• Razgo
          Administrator
          • Apr 2002

You cannot access a free yahoo account that way or recently acquired free Hotmail accounts either
          are you sure? i thought it used to be possable?

Comment

• ChristinaS
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Razgo
            are you sure? i thought it used to be possable?
            Used to and continues to be so for the older accounts. But recenly issued Hotmail accounts no longer offer pop3 facilities. Yahoo never did that I know. Talking of course about the free accounts.

Comment

• LtData
              dBpoweramp Guru
              • May 2004

Yahoo pop3 access requires a Yahoo Plus pay-account.

Comment

• neilthecellist
                dBpoweramp Guru
                • Dec 2004

Psh.....POP forwarding is free with Gmail..... But it's not a client, like you guys enlightened me...

I learn so much from this forum, I tell you. Without you guys, I would have DIED on the other forums I'm a part of.

Comment

• ChristinaS
                  dBpoweramp Guru
                  • Apr 2004

Died??? you mean of embarassment?

Neil, everybody starts not knowing things and then accumulating knoweldge untilt they start forgettting it again. You're on the way up. I'm ... well, at times on the way down :D

Comment

• Razgo
                    Administrator
                    • Apr 2002

hmmmm... for some reason i stopped getting emails from this forum when a reply is made. i know it's not being accidently filtered elswhere and i am sure it was working at first.

anyone having trouble recieving emails from forums your are subscribed to here?

Comment

• LtData
                      dBpoweramp Guru
                      • May 2004

I have e-mail notification turned off, myself. Seems that I reply too too many threads... :D
                      But then again, I also have turned on that I subscribe to every thread I reply to. This is just so I can keep track of when threads get new replies via the Subscription page.

Comment

• ChristinaS
                        dBpoweramp Guru
                        • Apr 2004

I'm not set up to get emails except as notification of PM's or official forum ones.

The PM pop-up hasn't been working ever - so something's not quite right in general with notifications.

Comment

• LtData
                          dBpoweramp Guru
                          • May 2004

The PM pop-up has never worked with me either, though I will try something by setting up e-mail notification for this thread.

Comment

• Razgo
                            Administrator
                            • Apr 2002

i don't think the PM pop up was ever enabled.

hmmm.... well i didn't get email notification about this thread.

Comment

Working...

]]>