title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Just converted M4A to WMA now pulling hair out!!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bodgery
    • Feb 2005

Just converted M4A to WMA now pulling hair out!!

Hi all - fantasic tool, but...

Just switched from iTunes to WMP10 & Windows Media Connect so I can play my lossless files to my Roku M2000. Works fine, except I'm getting frustrated with the library feature in Media Player 10.

Basically, I want WMP to organise my files into nice folders and sub folders. If I add files or folders to my collection from say c:\temp I want them copied into the correct place automatically on my dedicated drive (e:\music in my case). However, even though I've got the tick-box selected for WMP to organise my files according to rip settings, it adds the files to the library, but leaves them in the c:\drive! I do not want to have to add them in manually to the correct place, nor do I want to leave them scattered about my various drives!

Can someone help please!? There must be a simple thing I'm missing here!!??

B.
  • ChristinaS
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2004

Re: Just converted M4A to WMA now pulling hair out!!

Are you talking about WMP (Windows Media Player) or about dAP (dBpowerAMP player)?

When you convert file using dMC you have to specify the location where you want the output stored. ALl the files converted in one session go there.

When you rip audio cd's using dMC Audio CD Input you can be more creative and define more intricate file naming conventions which can result in folder structures being created based on, say, album, or artist, etc.

Comment

• bodgery
      • Feb 2005

talking about WMP10, I know it's not the right forum, but I was hoping a WMP10 expert would be lurking!

Comment

• neilthecellist
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Dec 2004

Just to let you know, I'm a WMP expert.

Here's my advice: WMP version x.xx sucks. I'm an expert, but about ripping, I can't answer that because I haven't solved that issue myself. Use another ripper instead, or simply rip to WAV using dMC and converting it to WMA using dMC.

Comment

• ChristinaS
          dBpoweramp Guru
          • Apr 2004

Neil you're no expert, buddy. :D

This doesn't solve the issue. I don't have WMP10 as I am still on W 2k. I also don't use music collection facilities as I have my own method (or lack thereof ) .

My understanding and hope of this process is that files get left right where they were originally stored, but the collection index has pointers to them by categories and whatever other criteria. Personally I don't like files to get moved or renamed behind my back.

Comment

• neilthecellist
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • Dec 2004

joke though.

Comment

• bodgery
              • Feb 2005

Sorted - I'm using JRiver Medi Center to organise my collection instead - absolutely wonderful bit of software and makes it a breeze to bulk move/update/rename files according to tags or the other way round! Brilliant.

Comment

• ChristinaS
                dBpoweramp Guru
                • Apr 2004

You have those options in dMC as well with the Tag from file name and Arrange music pseudo-codecs, but you were asking about how WMP10 would do it.

Comment

• neilthecellist
                  dBpoweramp Guru
                  • Dec 2004

Originally posted by ChristinaS
                  You have those options in dMC as well with the Tag from file name and Arrange music pseudo-codecs, but you were asking about how WMP10 would do it.

Yep...it's called POWERPACK

Comment

Working...

]]>