title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: a minor bug report

hiperpinguino

a minor bug report

Here's a little glitch that's been present for a while... In the little icon column on the left of MMC, I've got quite a few tracks where the "new" icon will not go away, even after being played countless times and being loaded for over 2 months now. I'm pretty sure the problem-tracks are only Monkeys Audio, but I'm not completely certain. As I said, it's only a little glitch, but it means that when I sort by file type these tracks end up on the bottom of the list, and it also takes a bit more effort to see what kind of file they are (I just look at the kbps value since "type" is off screen ). Anyway... any ideas?

Administrator
    If you click on the star rating for these files - does it go away?

YES

I got the same problem... and Indeed thereīs some tracks that played 2000000x.... But if you rate that file, the "new" mark goes away

Administrator
    It is working as designed, New stays until the file it edited some how, not if the file has been played or not.

oh.....

Itīs working fine then... But it would be great if the new disappear when a track is FULLY played.... Oops.... I think I should post this in the WishList Section heheheh:D
    :headbang:

hiperpinguino
    Oh. I guess I'll try that, then. I suppose it really does make sense, come to think of it, except that if the tag is written properly there's really not much reason (other than to rate it, which can be very time consuming when loading 100s of tracks at a time) to edit the track settings in MMC after the load. Ah well. Much thanks.

Administrator
    I use it like this - I might at 30 tracks to dBpowerAMP - they are encueued and play whilst I am doing other things (programming), I try to rate each new track as I have heard it - but if I am occupied fully some tracks get played without me realizing - so later on I can just sort on the icon to find these new tracks that I missed to rate.

The function of finding tracks that have not been played is handled by the 'Times Plyaed' column, you can sort that and find tracks that have been played 0 times.

If you do not have a need for the new icon - select all the files added (select top one, hold SHIFT and select bottom one) - then click in the star rating - it can be the same value 2.5 and the new will go.

hiperpinguino
    Ah, that's actually quite clever, come to think of it. Thanks for the advice/info.