title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Always wodnered, what's this lossless wma encoding that microsoft always claim?

Re: Always wodnered, what's this lossless wma encoding that microsoft always claim?

Somehow, all the wmas and mp3s are not in alphabetical order in my mp3 player. They are only in alphabetical order from files 1 to 50 (since I have the first 50 wmas) and then files (mp3 files) 51 to 70 are then alphabetical ordered. Even an mp3 file starting with A was like, number 51 instead of number 1. STrange.

I happen to have a mp3 player. Only weights 30 grams (in metric since it's made in China).

Re: Always wodnered, what's this lossless wma encoding that microsoft always claim?

You probably need to check the tags of your wma files to make sure they are correct. If they have the correct filename but not the correct tags, download this utility (http://www.dbpoweramp.com/codecs/dBp...m-filename.exe) to give the files the correct tags. Note that you have to have the PowerPack for it to work.

Actually, the tags were right. Somehow, the mp3 player, when alphabetical ordering, ignores the id3 tag names, but pay attention to the filenames only. Giving first priority to wma files, and then mp3 files.

Quote Originally Posted by LtData
    You probably need to check the tags of your wma files to make sure they are correct. If they have the correct filename but not the correct tags, download this utility (http://www.dbpoweramp.com/codecs/dBp...m-filename.exe) to give the files the correct tags. Note that you have to have the PowerPack for it to work.

I'm always amazed that in dVDs, the audio in them is actually much less than a 650meg CD. it's instead 120 minutes for 170 megs or something like that.

I guess that's 23kilobytes (not bits) per second. That's about 184kbps.

I created a 64kbps wma file, which took up about 1.5megs or 1500kbytes, but when I sent it by email, the attachment was said to be 2500 kbytes instead.

WHy's that?

Overhead, mabye? It probably had to include other stuff to attach the file.

dBpoweramp Guru

Exactly 1000 kb extra?

The size of attachments in Outloks Express is always larger than the size fo the file that is being attached.

Also you can check the actual size on disk of the file, and you will see two sizes are reported: files size and size on disk. The size on disk is larger.