title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Helium Music Manager 2005

Helium Music Manager 2005

Anyone heard of/use this?

http://www.helium2.com/

I stumbled upon this earlier in the week. Ended up purchasing after testing the trial for a day.

If you have a large music collection, this is one great program for it. Features galore. The tag editing features, in particular, are awesome.

Just thought I'd mention it

Re: Helium Music Manager 2005

Well, I already have a (free) tag editor that will rename from the tags and I can retrieve the tags for the files from freedb (as my rips are entire CDs). Also, my music is already organized. It does look handy for someone that has unorganized music, though.

Yep, I agree. If you already have you own system in place, then this may not be for you.

I've just started getting my cd collection (again) on to my hard drive (like you, I don't download music). So, this program is great for me. The Database information browser is very cool.

Works for me

Hi Shane,

I'm using Helium2 for quite a while. I guess its the simple answer on musicmatch, but for real collectro-pros'. Even after a few month I discover new features. The programm itself is very pwerfull, but its complicated to use. Only for tagging it's too big. For tagging I use the free "renatager" (www.renatager.de) - small, without installation process and very fast and easy to use. Helium is quite nice to store Music. But for the use of e.g. audio books it's not the best. Even though musicmatch is for free and Helium has to be paid.
    All in all it's a nice and very powerfull programm and database handling tool. and the Radon Player brought with it is really an alternative in comparism to the now really mamory eating winamp.

Greez

Marcus