title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: codec for .la files

Re: codec for .la files

Quote Originally Posted by LtData
    Note that the Generic CLI Support will only encode the files. This is why you cannot decode them. If you can find either a Winamp decoder or a DirectShow filter for the files, you can use either the Winamp Input Adapter or the DirectShow Decoder to have dMC decode your .la files.
    And this is why i want a codec for dbpoweramp :D A Little more explaining...basically there IS no directshow filter for .la so that means i cant convert them AT ALL without going back to .wav....there IS a built in GUI for .la files when you install the codec for playback, and it does include a winamp plugin as well...its just that you cant really do anything besides convert to and from .la with that one...and i perfer the "swiss army knife" of audio tools rather than have to run a bunch of differant programs to do the same thing. I did give the directshow filter a run anyhow, just to be sure, but it was a no go....
    Last edited by milfzor; 08-06-2005 at 02:52 AM.

and it does include a winamp plugin as well...
    Then you might be able to use the dB WinAmp Plug-in Input Adapter codec to play or convert .la files. Admittedly, this would not allow encoding to .la.

Best wishes,
    Bill

FREAKING AWESOME...i wasnt even aware of the winamp plugin...that thing is amazing you guys ROCK........i personally have no need now for a .la plugin.....i can convert stuff to and from .la at will without any other programs needed now and no more need to convert to wav first.....

*cough*
    Quote Originally Posted by LtData
    If you can find either a Winamp decoder or a DirectShow filter for the files, you can use either the Winamp Input Adapter or the DirectShow Decoder to have dMC decode your .la files.
    *cough* :D

LtData-
    you guys ROCK........
    Well he DID say guys (plural)!

the only thing about this, though, is first off its not exactly the most user friendly thing to set up (its not by any means HARD either though) and you cant do anything like select between regular compression and high compression levels...other than that, been using it since i posted last, and its working great.

first off its not exactly the most user friendly thing to set up (its not by any means HARD either though)
    Yes.
    and you cant do anything like select between regular compression and high compression levels...other than that, been using it since i posted last, and its working great.
    Thanks for the report/feedback. Not all WinAMP plug-ins will work with the dB WinAMP Plug-In Decoder so it is tremendously useful to let us know when things work or when they don't and any limitations. I would assume that the WinAMP Codec, operating in WinAMP, has the same limitation(?).

Best wishes,
    Bill

Xoas, I think the compression level is referring to the encoder via the "Generic CLI Encoder".

:o *cough* :o :o
    Sorry about that.
    Bill