title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Death of Nullsoft

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dig412
    • Jan 2004

Death of Nullsoft

I know winamp was a rival player, but recently the entire nullsoft company collapsed. All the main coders quit because of AOL related problems (Aol own nullsoft for those not in the know). Now only one coder remains, and hes only a bugfixer. Whilst dbpoweramp is an excelent player, winamp 5 was in a league of its own, miles above WMP. I dont know your guys opinions of winamp, but i am very sad to see it go.
  • Razgo
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: Death of Nullsoft

wow, who would have thought. s still see the team here: http://www.winamp.com/about/team.php

do you have a reference link to what you are saying?

yes winamp5 really was/is a really good player and media manager

Comment

• Razgo
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

the best i could fine was it all happened last year November. http://winampunlimited.com/index.php?id=54

and who said winamp is going to disappear ? you sound like it won't be around anymore?

Comment

• LtData
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • May 2004

Most of the original team left, yes. However, they have since acquired new people and will continue working on Winamp, it looks like.

Comment

• dig412
          • Jan 2004

The last members of the original Winamp team have said goodbye to AOL and the door has all but shut on the Nullsoft era, BetaNews has learned. Only a few employees remain to prop up the once-ubiqui…

some talk of it being released open source, which would be brilliant

Comment

• LtData
            dBpoweramp Guru
            • May 2004

That was referencing the Winamp3 player becoming open source, which I think it did
            Oh, and Winamp 5.09 was released. Looks like Nullsoft is still alive and kicking.

Comment

Working...

]]>