title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Witch codec and format?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • neilthecellist
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Dec 2004

Re: Witch codec and format?

omg I'm 15, and I only have a 30 gig hard drive. I've held Halo: Combat Evolved, GTA Vice City and Unreal Tournemnt 2004 on my computer, coupled with nearly 7500 songs and I still have 9 gigs left!

Comment

• PollieXmas
      • Apr 2005

Hi guys, what do you use to listen to your music?

I presume you have your sound cards plugged into your hi-fi's?

I did find that higher bit rates sound better when played through a hi-fi, but when I listen on my notebook and or iRiver I find that I can hardly hear the difference between 160 MP3 and a 64 ogg...

I use etymotic in ear earphones so it's not the earphones but probably the ears and/or notebook/iriver amp...

I'm just trying to understand your codec recommendations and put it into perspective.

Thanks

Paul

Comment

• neilthecellist
        dBpoweramp Guru
        • Dec 2004

People have different hearing abilities. It's what you're born with, Paul. For example, I can easily tell the difference between an Ogg Vorbis encoded file at 128 kbps and one at 64 kbps. (The audio that comes out feels very mono-ish)

And then with MP3, 224 is my limit. Anything below 224 kbps is something bad that I can easily notice.

Comment

• PollieXmas
          • Apr 2005

Thanks Neil,

I think in my case it's also all those hours on my motorcycle without earplugs that has taken it's toll on my ears...

Regards

Paul

Comment

• Smoggy
            dBpoweramp Enthusiast
            • Feb 2005

I have A Sound Blaster Audigy with The Inspire 5.1 Digital 5700
            It sounds pretty good.

Comment

Working...

]]>