title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

MP3 File Rename

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NeoGeek
    • Aug 2002

MP3 File Rename

I have near 30gigs of MP3's (it was my cousins) that when she took her computer in to be upgraded (new hard drive). The lame a*! tech copied them from dos and killed the 256.256 names and now I have a TON of mp3's that are 8.3 names.
    In otherwords. jonnyc~1.mp3 That was JonnyCash-RingOfFire.mp3
    For most of them the IDV 1 etc taggs have the name of the songs. BUT I would give my left hand for a tool that reads the IDTags and copy a newfile to a new locations with the name being the IDTag info.
    HELP!!!!

James
  • Spoon
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Look later today (with look) there is an [Arrange Music] addon for dMC that does just this!
    Spoon
    www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• NeoGeek
      • Aug 2002

Originally posted by Spoon
      Look later today (with look) there is an [Arrange Music] addon for dMC that does just this!
      I feel stupid.. but Where?.. I have your trial version yet, if it does what you say it will. I am putt'in my cash down.

James

Comment

• Spoon
        Administrator
        • Apr 2002

You have the new [Arrange Music] beta? If so, select files >> Right click >> Arrange Music.
        Spoon
        www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• NeoGeek
          • Aug 2002

Originally posted by Spoon
          You have the new [Arrange Music] beta? If so, select files >> Right click >> Arrange Music.
          .. Beta .. no I do not, how do I get that? I have downloaded the 9a release. And do not see the function to batch rename mp3's their ID-tag name.
          ... I admit this should be simple but I am a step behind as I have not really used your software before. I am willing to pay for licenced version to get this feature. I just want to make sure that feature can do the job. SO far it looks like I have to resample the songs, to which I would not like to do.
          Sorry such a simple thread has dragged on..

-James

Comment

• Spoon
            Administrator
            • Apr 2002

Here is where you need to look:

This 'arrange function' was created to arrange a collection of audio files. For example your audio files could all be in the same folder, with arrange music, they can be placed in folders such as [Artist]\[Album]\[Track Number] [track], it arranges (moves) your audio files. Download: http://www.dbpoweramp
            Spoon
            www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

Working...

]]>