title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: Why can't I burn purchased music to CD?

Why can't I burn purchased music to CD?

I discovered that I couldn't burn any Apple Music tracks to a CD (which is fair enough, I suppose, since I'm still on the free trial), so i decided to buy an album that I had already listened to via Apple Music, thinking that, since I now owned the album, I could burn it to CD.

But when i dragged the tracks from my Purchased playlist into a new playlist and clicked "Burn Playlist to CD", I got a warning telling me that some of the tracks were Apple Music and couldn't be burned. So, I went through my iTunes library and made sure that all M4P tracks by that artist had been trashed and deleted, making sure that the tracks I then dragged to the playlist were all standard M4A format.

Still no joy. The same warning that some tracks were Apple Music was displayed. I've checked. they're not.

How do I burn a CD of tracks I've legitimately purchased and downloaded through iTunes?

Administrator

Re: Why can't I burn purchased music to CD?

You cannot, they are copy protected.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

Re: Why can't I burn purchased music to CD?

M4P tracks are copy protected. M4A are not. You can use iTunes to burn a CD of either type, but not from music sourced only through Apple Music. You may still have some AM-sourced music in that playlist. I suggest you create a smart playlist that shows "kind contains protected" and see if it has any unexpected entries.