title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Windows Media Player Help!

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • knipej
    • Mar 2005

Windows Media Player Help!

Can someone please, please tell me how to convert ALL the music in my windows media player to my itunes so that I can transfer it to my ipod? I have downloaded the converter, but cannot find any information (user friendly info) that tells me precisely how to do this. I am not tech-savy, so I need a step-by-step guide to doing this. Thanks so much.
  • iTunesIsEvil
    dBpoweramp Enthusiast
    • Dec 2004

Re: Windows Media Player Help!

Simple Solution:
    If all of your WMA music is in one folder do the following:
    1) Open iTunes
    2) Go Edit=>Preferences...
    3) Click the Importing Tab.
    4) Using the drop-down boxes there, select the format and quality you want to go to. I would suggest AAC (128k) or MP3 (>=192k). Tell the window Ok when you're done...
    5) Click File=>Add Folder to Library. Select the folder that your WMA music is in and click Ok. Once you do this iTunes will look at that folder and go "Waiiiit a second, thats WMA format!! I'd better ask if this poor fellow would like to convert these files since I cant play them..." It'll then ask you if you'd like to convert the files to the format that you selected in the Preferences menu. If you tell it Convert, it'll convert the files and add them to your library, if you choose Skip, it'll just not import anything from that folder that it doesnt support (i.e. WMA).

Hope that helps...

Comment

• Razgo
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

Re: Windows Media Player Help!

check this thread : http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=7325

Comment

Working...

]]>