title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: cursing on the forums

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: bitrate read problems

adaywaynce, PLEASE, I cuss all the time at school . I would cuss on the forums since that's how i usually speak, but i'm at school, and the minute you type in "*blooper**blooper**blooper**blooper**blooper* ", "s*it" or any other slang word, the computer immediately self-restarts! :-D (I'm at home right now)

it's nothing wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by neilthecellist
    adaywaynce, PLEASE, I cuss all the time at school . I would cuss on the forums since that's how i usually speak, but i'm at school, and the minute you type in "*blooper**blooper**blooper**blooper**blooper* ", "s*it" or any other slang word, the computer immediately self-restarts! :-D (I'm at home right now)

it's nothing wrong.
    No, but out of respect, please don't curse here. There are those here who don't curse or that don't like to read posts where people curse (yes it's edited, but we all know what he means).

I agree. Cussing is not dignified, however cool it may "sound" with some kids who think it's a grown up thing to do. If you learn anything at all in school you should learn to behave in a civilised manner at all times not just in the presence of a teacher, a grandparent or in church.

dBpoweramp Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ChristinaS
    I agree. Cussing is not dignified, however cool it may "sound" with some kids who think it's a grown up thing to do. If you learn anything at all in school you should learn to behave in a civilised manner at all times not just in the presence of a teacher, a grandparent or in church.

wait there. My teachers all cuss.

dBpoweramp Guru

Re: cursing on the forums

thread split from here: http://forum.dbpoweramp.com/showthread.php?t=7341

adaywayne made a comment on the posters thread. there is no need to add to the comment in that thread. but feel free to help the posters original question :D
    Last edited by Razgo; 03-10-2005 at 04:39 PM.

dBpoweramp Guru

Agreed!!! dBpowerAMP is class.
    Cussing on any forum shows a total lack of class and self control.
    If you want to gain respect as someone with a little smarts, (not just here) control your language lest others perceive you as something less.

Personally, I'm less inclined to help anyone who has to cuss in this forum.

dBpoweramp Guru

and considering we are used to a clean G rated forum here i hope it stays that way too.

dBpoweramp Enthusiast

I second that motion Raz.

yup no need to be less then civilized... and we are writing these posts, not speaking them, so we can always re-read it and check if it's OK

dBpoweramp Guru

Amen, Donny. When trying to gain cooperation, respect and information from others in posting forums, its always a good idea to try to choose your words carefully. And re-read them. Using smileys is also a good way to ensure that those words are not taken as mean spirited. The G-rated audience mentality that has been the Illustrate Forum throughout the years is one to be proud of. I think the expectations have been set now. No ill will towards anyone. Onward with good info and answers to those seeking solutions.
    Best wishes to all.
    -Craze
    Last edited by Craze; 03-12-2005 at 10:10 PM.