title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Audio CDs with built in players

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • monder
    • Mar 2005

Audio CDs with built in players

Does anyone know how to successfully rip all tracks from an audio CD that incorporates a built in player? More and more record companies seem to be distributing CDs in this way, which apart annoying the punter by auto starting their crappy media player that nobody wants to use when the disc is inserted, it also doesn't display four or five track on DMC :vmad: . I don't see why this should be the case, if a standard CD player can see the tracks why can DMC?

I can only assume this is some kind of stealth copy control technique while at the same time appearing to be helpful. Anyone got any ideas?
  • shinji
    • Mar 2005

Re: Audio CDs with built in players

Yea. It sounds like audio cd copy protection. Hold Shift down while the disc is being inserted usually bypasses Autorun so that stuff never loads. If the "built-in player" doesn't load then you should be able to start up DMC and have it work fine. The player on the disc is probably loading a driver of some sort to confuse DMC though so make sure there isn't anything odd in device manager.

Comment

• Spoon
      Administrator
      • Apr 2002

Also have a look at the Options Drop menu >> Standard CD Player emulation

(remember to switch it off after using).
      Spoon
      www.dbpoweramp.com

Comment

• monder
        • Mar 2005

Hey thanks, I disabled my autorun with a reg hack and it's fixed it nicely.

Comment

Working...

]]>