title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Get 1k cda files when writing from CDs

Re: Get 1k cda files when writing from CDs

I thought you wanted to do it this way for some experiment in expediency.

Did you try to play the cd you burned? it probably plays ok, but probably it only has one track on it - is that true?

Honestly, the easiest way by far is to rip first all the tracks you need to 16-bit, 44.1KHz 2-channel stereo .wav files and after that to burn a new audio cd using those .wav files you've ripped previously.

***Edit*** as per Spoon's note below :D
    Last edited by ChristinaS; 03-16-2005 at 05:57 PM.

Administrator

>20-channel stereo

2 channel (typo)

Quote Originally Posted by Spoon
    >20-channel stereo

2 channel (typo)
    Oops! LOL! :o :D

Shall correct it on the double.

Thanks for the tip. I had heard long ago that this was a program that could directly copy audio CDs without going to wave files first. Probably nothing does that and I heard wrong. Also the software seems to let me do it without warning messages or any kind of alert. How would I know what it is doing behind the curtains? Thanks for all the help. Sorry to drag this out for a simple answer.

...and to answer the question: no, it does not play at all and several different CD players cannot recognize the CD but can recognize the same brand CD-R if I use Roxio to burn it.

Here is another stupid question for you while I'm here. Would it make sense to convert it to Flac or Monkey's and then to convert that file to audio CD? would I get a better quality CD track than using a 16 bit .wav file?

Quote Originally Posted by m111
    Here is another stupid question for you while I'm here. Would it make sense to convert it to Flac or Monkey's and then to convert that file to audio CD? would I get a better quality CD track than using a 16 bit .wav file?
    WAV, Monkey's, FLAC, and any other lossless format all give you the same audio results.

Quote Originally Posted by m111
    ...and to answer the question: no, it does not play at all and several different CD players cannot recognize the CD but can recognize the same brand CD-R if I use Roxio to burn it.

16-bit wav is the audio cd quality. The track audio file itself is that.

I am not aware of dMC being able to copy cd to cd.

dMC Audio CD Input can rip an audio cd to your hard drive, into any number of formats that you may have codecs for. dCW can take again all sorts of audio formats and standardize them into an audio cd and burn it.

Yours is the first case I heard of where somebody tries to achieve a cd to cd copy in that manner. It also almost worked. Maybe there's a trick to actually making it work. Although I fail to see how, burning is a 2-step process: first add the audio files one by one to the compilation shown in dCW, and when finished request the audio cd to be burned.

I am wondering though if you couldn't go straight through dCW alone and for the audio file selection point to the audio cd mounted in another cd drive and drag the tracks into the compilation in dCW. Maybe I'll just try it :D

Hahahaha! This actually works, though I find it rather slow. In my case it seems to do the ripping and copying over part at about 3.8x real time. Maybe that's ok. Also my input drive is a DVD drive so maybe it's slower. Or maybe I need to tweak something or other.

So open dMC CD Writer have your source cd in another drive. Click on New CD and select audio (74 or 80 minutes depending on your type of cd). In the file selector tree over on the top right side, go to the drive that has your source cd. Those tracks will appear on the bottom right. Highlight all those you want to copy and send them over to the left side. You can do teh same thing with tracks from another cd.

When it's all done and all the tracks appear on the left side, proceed to burn the cd thus compiled. You'll have a chance to specify the drive to burn to and speed and the usual parameters for that.

That's all it takes. :D

Thus dMC Audio CD Input is not involved at all.
    Last edited by ChristinaS; 03-18-2005 at 12:13 AM.

I performed a little test the other night using dMC Audio CD Input to convert some selected tracks (on a commercial CD) to an audio CD. The conversion process seems to have worked and I was able to play the tracks from within dCW.

The only bit I haven't got round to is the actual burning of the CD, however I can not see why this shouldn't work.

Wayne