title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Cannot burn "video clip"

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kelticwizard
    • Apr 2004

Cannot burn "video clip"

I know this is not an audio question, but the people here have been so helpful about audio questions that I thought I would ask. Even if you can point me to a place to get help would be appreciated.

Friend just bought a Windows XP machine with Nero CD/DVD burning program.

He has a movie on his hard drive in "video clip" format-at least, that is what it says when you select the file and click "Properties".

He can view the movie in Windows Media Player. However, he cannot burn it onto Nero.

Windows Media Player also gives hints that if the file were smaller, it would burn it onto a CD.

When you are trying to burn DVD, Nero apparently only wants three files:

A) .bup
    B) .vob
    C) .ifo

Is there some way to convert "video clip" files to oneof those three? or is there some other way to proceed?

Any help would be profoundly appreciated.
  • ChristinaS
    dBpoweramp Guru
    • Apr 2004

Re: Cannot burn "video clip"

Originally posted by kelticwizard
    I know this is not an audio question, but the people here have been so helpful about audio questions that I thought I would ask. Even if you can point me to a place to get help would be appreciated.

Friend just bought a Windows XP machine with Nero CD/DVD burning program.

He has a movie on his hard drive in "video clip" format-at least, that is what it says when you select the file and click "Properties".

He can view the movie in Windows Media Player. However, he cannot burn it onto Nero.

Windows Media Player also gives hints that if the file were smaller, it would burn it onto a CD.

When you are trying to burn DVD, Nero apparently only wants three files:

A) .bup
    B) .vob
    C) .ifo

Is there some way to convert "video clip" files to oneof those three? or is there some other way to proceed?

Any help would be profoundly appreciated.
    Well, Nero does not apparently prepare those files for a DVD. It will however make a good VCD, as long as your file is small enough (up to 30 minutes I think).

The only program I know that can make those files unfortunately does not save them to the HD, it burns them directly to the DVD. That is Sonic MyDVD. It makes rather ncie DVD's with chapters and all that.

Comment

Working...

]]>