title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

how much are mp3 players in US?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • traderhornee
    • Feb 2005

how much are mp3 players in US?

here in the uk an ipod mini costs about £120 i think.which is over $200 a shuffle is about £70 which is around $120. i got a 128Mb player on ebay fro £30, say $50. how much are these items in the US?
    here we can pay £15 for a cd ($20+) although supermarkets usuall sell chart cd's for£9/10 ($18) how does this compare? it can be cheaper for me to order from US or asia than get the subway into glasgow and physically buy the cd!
    i wonder why p2p is popular in the uk?
    exchange rate is about £1=$1.8
  • Razgo
    Administrator
    • Apr 2002

Re: how much are mp3 players in US?

you could also visit the russian site which is in emglish also to buy music cheap: http://www.allofmp3.com/

Comment

• ChristinaS
      dBpoweramp Guru
      • Apr 2004

Originally posted by traderhornee
      here in the uk an ipod mini costs about £120 i think.which is over $200 a shuffle is about £70 which is around $120. i got a 128Mb player on ebay fro £30, say $50. how much are these items in the US?
      here we can pay £15 for a cd ($20+) although supermarkets usuall sell chart cd's for£9/10 ($18) how does this compare? it can be cheaper for me to order from US or asia than get the subway into glasgow and physically buy the cd!
      i wonder why p2p is popular in the uk?
      exchange rate is about £1=$1.8
      I don't know about the UK, but in Canada you will triple the cost of whatever you buy outside of Canada if you have it sent by mail or courier. Between high delivery charges, sales taxes and various duties and tariffs, a $20US item will end up costing at least $75CDN. Only about $5 come from the exchange rate LOL!

I buy cd's at around $15-$20 CDN in regular music stores. Some are more expensive, if they are imported from Europe for instance. Strangely enough CD's made in Canada, distributed by Canadian distributors are more expensive than those made in the US. Even more oddly they are lumped in the category of Imports (I swear, this is the explanation one big music store gave me as to why a particular CD made in Canada was so expensive).

Comment

• traderhornee
        • Feb 2005

cant believe i finally get on the allofmp3 band wagon just as 'the man' puts them under investigation. what a site! god bless those quasi legal russian pioneers, and a curse on the house of apple etc. an itunes.co.uk track is 79p i think, i just d/l an uncle tupelo album,19 track, for slightly less. bo selecta i tell thee

Comment

• Smoggy
          dBpoweramp Enthusiast
          • Feb 2005

Allofmp3.com is incredibly awesomely cheap!!!

I usually buy my CDs from Overstock.com or Amazon.com they seem to have the cheapest prices...and If you don't mind used CD's Amazon zShops has super cheap stuff. I usually pay about $8 to $10 (us) for new CDs.

There is a club on Amazon called Prefered Buyers Club you can join for free. You get great prices on CDs and free shipping on orders of $25 or more. The only thing is you have to agree to buy 2 CD's within a year of signing up.

Comment

Working...

]]>