title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: My DVD/CD player skips mp3 tracks of some albums

My DVD/CD player skips mp3 tracks of some albums

Hello:

I have Windows XP SP2. When I create with db CD writer an MP3 CD to be played in my Harman Kardmon 25 DVD, I can see the list of tracks on the TV screen and, while most of the tracks are played, some albums or a few tracks of others just are skipped. I can see the DVD reading the number of the track one after the other without stopping. If this tracks are played randomly, then the player stops when encountering one of this trouble songs or albums.

I have tried different settings as slowing down the writing speed in the burning to no avail. Also, the problem cannot be in the player since it plays flawlessly many other tracks. If I burn an mp3 cd just with the problem album, then it is played back. I must be doing something wrong.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Re: My DVD/CD player skips mp3 tracks of some albums

You should check the specs of the mp3 files that are being skipped versus specs of mp3 files which play ok. There may be some clue in that.

Quote Originally Posted by ChristinaS
    You should check the specs of the mp3 files that are being skipped versus specs of mp3 files which play ok. There may be some clue in that.
    Thank you for your reply;

I am sorry but I do not understand. How do I check the specs and what should I look for?.

Also, I made a mistake in my first posting. Where it says "If I burn an mp3 cd just with the problem album, then it is played back. I must be doing something wrong." I meant that the album is not played back, not even when I burn one track.

Thank you again
    Last edited by Alejandro; 02-24-2005 at 09:42 AM.

What I mean by specs is the information that you get when you hover over the file name in Windows explorer. It would tell bitrate, channels, frequency, codec used, duration, size, etc. Or right click and check the attributes and ID tag.

Check some that are ok and some that are being skipped over and post your findings here.

The fact that all mp3 tracks from a problem album are being skipped over is significant in that it is at least consistent with them being skipped over when part of a larger mixed origin mp3 cd.

Thank you again:

I resolved the problem by reconvert those mp3 to same mp3 using db poweramp music converter. I burned the new mp3 tracks with dbpoweramp cd writer and voila.

I used MP3 lame, studio quality, private bits, 48000 Hz frequency.

It does not seem a practical way of doing it, but it works. Now I just wonder why using just the dbpoweramp cd writer does not do the same when converting mp3 tracks for burning.

Thanks for your support

Administrator

The CD Writer can be told to send the mp3 files as is, or recompress them, there are specific mp3 compression settings just for CD Writer.

BTW you might be better with 44100Hz