title
Products            Buy            Support Forum            Professional            About            Codec Central

Thread: "as source or max" function to DMC

"as source or max" function to DMC

When I encodes a lot of music, in different bitrates and frequencies, it would be nice if I could set DMC to "as source or max x". where x = max bitrate/frequency.

if i sat it to max 128 kbit/s and 44.1 KHz

Then all my music in 64 kbit/s and 22 KHz, would stay in 64 kbit/s and 22 KHz
    and all my music in 192 kbit/s and 48 KHz, would be in 128 kbit/s and 44.1 KHz

If you guys at Illustrate could make that, I would be very happy.

Best regards Jonas Nyrup

Re: "as source or max" function to DMC

Quote Originally Posted by jonas
    When I encodes a lot of music, in different bitrates and frequencies, it would be nice if I could set DMC to "as source or max x". where x = max bitrate/frequency.

if i sat it to max 128 kbit/s and 44.1 KHz

Then all my music in 64 kbit/s and 22 KHz, would stay in 64 kbit/s and 22 KHz
    and all my music in 192 kbit/s and 48 KHz, would be in 128 kbit/s and 44.1 KHz

If you guys at Illustrate could make that, I would be very happy.

Best regards Jonas Nyrup
    I assume you're referring to converting to mp3.

You have Frequency as source. As long as you're not trying to use Presets.

The bitrate however you have to determine in advance for all the files you convert in one session.

It would be difficult to have a setting of bitrate as source, since it is very much dependent on the file type you are targeting whether ti can accomodate all teh different bitrate that your inout files may have. Imagine converting from uncompressed .wav to .mp3. What would be the meaning of "bitrate as source" in this case?

I can see perhaps a max setting, but I can also see great difficulty in implementing this, from a programing point of view, for little gain that I can see. If anything, it may just be more confusing, as one would never know exactly what they have converted to globally.

Re: "as source or max" function to DMC

okay, then I just take this little extra time, when I converts. Thank you for the quick answerer.

/Jonas Nyrup